Some People (film)
|Directed by||Clive Donner|
|Produced by||James Archibal|
|Written by||John Eldridge|
|Music by||Ron Grainer|
|Edited by||Fergus McDonell|
Vic Films Productions
|Distributed by||Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors (UK)|
A welfare worker (Kenneth More) tries to help a gang of teenagers in Bristol.
The film was shot entirely on location in Bristol with Anneke Willis recalling the crew arrived in Bristol three weeks before shooting to get the feel of Bristol with the boys learning the local accent, riding motorbikes and visiting local dance halls with much of the script being adlibbed. More agreed to play his role for nothing apart from his expenses because he had no other offers around the time, and the movie was for a good cause: all proceeds were to go to the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme who commissioned the film and the National Playing Fields Association. During filming he began an affair with one of the cast, Angela Douglas, who became his wife.
The film featured a test fllght of the Bristol 188.
- Kenneth More as Mr. Smith
- Ray Brooks as Johnnie
- Anneke Wills as Anne
- David Andrews as Bill
- Angela Douglas as Terry
- David Hemmings as Bert
- Harry H. Corbett as Johnnie's Father
- Richard Davies as Harper
- Michael Gwynn as Vicar
- Cyril Luckham as Magistrate
- Valerie Mountain dubbed Angela Douglas' singing voice
The film reportedly made a profit, in part because of its low cost.
- "Some People (1962)". BFI.
- Karl Williams. "Some People (1962) - Clive Donner - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- Kenneth More, More or Less, Hodder & Staughton, 1978 p 184-185
- Valerie Mountain, Allmusic entry
- By, E. A. (1964, Jul 19). LOCAL NEWS: BANKHEAD'S BACK, OTHER ITEMS. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/115852896?accountid=13902
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|