Somerby Golf Club and Community
Construction for the course and the surrounding community began in May 2002 and was completed in April 2004. The principal developer was Golden Tee Development LLC, a partnership between Minnesota-based companies, Ames Construction, Inc. and Wensmann Homes, Inc. On November 11, 2008, Ames Construction, Inc. announced their acquisition of Wensmann's interest in the joint venture, resulting in 100% interest.
Somerby was ranked 8th in 2005, by Golf Digest, for best new golf private golf courses in the US. Golfweek Magazine rated Somerby in 2006, as a residential "Course of Distinction". In 2007, Golf Digest ranked Somerby 7th, for the best Minnesota courses.
Somerby Golf Community
The Somerby Golf Community is an exclusive, high-end master-planned community, with both on-and-off-course homes and home sites surrounding the golf course. Other amenities include private members/residents-only; clubhouse, restaurant and bar, swimming pool and hot-tubs, tennis courts, and a park.
- Ames Construction project profile
- Somerby website: Fact Sheet
- Ames Construction press release; November 11, 2008
- Golf Digest: America's best new (private) courses of 2005
- Somerby Golf Club: Awards and Accolades
- Golf Digest: Best in State Rankings; 2007-2008
- Nationwide Tour to Return to Somerby Golf Club