Somero Lutheran Church
Location of Somero in Finland
|• Town manager||Leo Haltsonen|
|• Total||667.79 km2 (257.84 sq mi)|
|• Land||667.78 km2 (257.83 sq mi)|
|• Water||29.9 km2 (11.5 sq mi)|
|Area rank||127th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||111th largest in Finland|
|• Density||13.56/km2 (35.1/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||15.6%|
|• 15 to 64||59.2%|
|• 65 or older||25.2%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.5%|
Somero (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈsomero]) is a municipality of Finland, located in the province of Western Finland and part of the Southwest Finland region. The municipality has a population of 9,053 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 667.79 square kilometres (257.84 sq mi) of which 29.9 km2 (11.5 sq mi) is water. The population density is 13.56 inhabitants per square kilometre (35.1/sq mi). Somero is unilingually Finnish.
Somero has been known as a trading place since the 14th century. The municipality was officially founded in 1867. The municipality of Somerniemi merged with Somero proper in 1977. Somero was moved from the province of Häme to the province of Turku and Pori in 1990. Currently it belongs to the province of Western Finland. Somero became a town (kaupunki) on January 1, 1993.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Somero at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Somero – Official website
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|