Somerset Maxwell, 8th Baron Farnham
Somerset Richard Maxwell, 8th Baron Farnham (18 October 1803 – 4 June 1884) was an Irish peer and Member of Parliament.
He was the son of Henry Maxwell, 6th Baron Farnham and Lady Anne Butler.
He married twice, firstly on 30 May 1839 to Dorothea Pennefather (1824–1861), daughter of the eminent judge Richard Pennefather and his wife Jane Bennett. He married secondly on 31 May 1864 to Mary Anne Delap (died 1873), daughter of Samuel Delap. On his older brother's death, he succeeded as 8th Baron Farnham on 20 August 1868 . He died on 4 June 1884 and was succeeded by his younger brother, James.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990. (ISBN 033338847X)
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Peerage.com - Somerset Richard Maxwell, 8th Baron Farnham
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Somerset Maxwell
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for County Cavan
With: John Young
Henry John Clements
|Peerage of Ireland|
| Baron Farnham
James Pierce Maxwell
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, for a constituency in Ireland between 1801 and 1922 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|