view from north west
|Location||21 km (13 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Hume|
|State electorate(s)||Yuroke, Broadmeadows|
Somerton is mostly an industrial and business suburb, and has a number of industrial parks including the Austrak Business Park, Somerton Logistics Centre and the Northgate Distribution Centre.
Transport in Somerton include bus route 532 (Craigieburn - Broadmeadows)  and SmartBus route 901 (Frankston - Melbourne Airport). Roxburgh Park Station on the Craigieburn line, and Upfield Station on the Upfield line are the nearest railway stations to Somerton. Somerton railway station opened in 1881 and closed to passengers in 1960.
Somerton Post Office first opened on 1 January 1854 and closed in 1864. It reopened in 1892 some time after the railway line opened and again closed in 1966. In 1994 the Somerton Business and Delivery Centre opened. 
- City of Whittlesea - the local government area of which Somerton was a part
- Shire of Bulla - the former local government area of which Somerton was a part
- "532 Craigieburn - Broadmeadows via Upfield Station". Public Transport Victoria.
- "901 Frankston - Melbourne Airport (SMARTBUS Service)". Public Transport Victoria.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|