|Motto||Challenge, Learning, Growth|
|DfE URN||136311 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Somervale School is situated in Midsomer Norton in Bath and North East Somerset in South West England. The school, which has academy status, is a specialist Arts College. It is one of two schools in the area, providing secondary education to local children and some pupils who live outside the catchment area. The number of puplis on the school roll is 538. A fall in the number of pupils prompted the school to propose a federation with nearby Norton Hill School in March 2009. This is now in place with Alun Williams as the head teacher of both schools within the federation, and a common governing body. On 1 October 2010, Somervale School became an academy alongside Norton Hill. Somervale was named amongst the 100 top performing schools based on sustained improvement of results by Minister of State for Schools Nick Gibb in March 2012. Somervale School was awarded 'Good' by Ofsted in January 2013. The school shares its sixth form with federated school Norton Hill. The sixth form is based across both sites and is called the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form.
In 2008, the school was the first in Bath and North East Somerset to win the Eco-Schools Silver Award. Pupils in the school help to influence the way that the school is moving through the student council.
The local community radio station, Somer Valley FM, broadcasts from the former caretaker's house on the school premises. It provides opportunities for students to gain radio work experience and training.
- "Establishment: Somervale School". Edubase. Department for Education. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Two secondary schools plan to join forces". 26 March 2009. Retrieved 13 November 2009.
- "Second best ever results for Somervale". Somerset Guardian. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "The Federation Celebrates 2013 Exam Results". Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Sixth Form". Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Somervale Wins Eco School Silver Award". Bath & North East Somerset Council. 4 November 2008. Retrieved 9 October 2010.