Something About You (Level 42 song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Something About You"|
|Single by Level 42|
|from the album World Machine|
|B-side||"Coup D'etat" (Version)|
|Genre||New wave, synth-pop|
|Length||4:27 (Album Version)|
3:44 (7"/Video Version)
7:40 (12" Sisa Mix)
|Label||Polydor - POSP 759|
|Songwriter(s)||Mike Lindup, Phil Gould, Mark King, Rowland Gould, Wally Badarou|
|Producer(s)||Wally Badarou and Level 42|
|Level 42 singles chronology|
"Something About You" is a single released by British band Level 42 in 1985, in advance of its inclusion on the album World Machine the same year. The song was written by Mark King, Mike Lindup, Phil Gould, Boon Gould, and Wally Badarou.
"Something About You" was released in several countries beyond the United Kingdom, including United States, Germany, Italy, Canada, and many countries of South America and Asia. It is the only Level 42 song to be a top 10 hit in the United States, where it reached #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and it is their second top 10 hit in the United Kingdom, reaching #6 on the UK Singles Chart. The single was certified gold in Canada in 1986.
The music video of "Something About You", which uses the shorter single version, is directed by Stuart Orme, who also directed videos for the Level 42 songs "Lessons in Love" and "Running in the Family", as well as Phil Collins and Genesis. The music video appears in their video album Family of Five, released in 1987.
- Jisi, Chris (1 August 2010). "Royal Return: Mark King Leads Level 42 On Its 30th Anniversary Comeback". Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link). Guitar Player.
- Hermann, Andy (25 January 2017). "10 Underrated '80s Bands You Need to Hear Now". L.A. Weekly.
- "Lunghi plays love interest in music video".
- "Image : RPM Weekly - Library and Archives Canada". Bac-lac.gc.ca. 2014-07-22. Retrieved 2019-05-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Dutchcharts.nl – LEVEL 42 – SOMETHING ABOUT YOU" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.nz – LEVEL 42 – SOMETHING ABOUT YOU". Top 40 Singles.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "LEVEL 42 Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "LEVEL 42 Chart History (Dance Club Songs)". Billboard.
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 139.
- "CASH BOX Top 100 Singles – Week ending June 7, 1986". Archived from the original on 2 October 2012. Retrieved 2018-08-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link). Cash Box magazine.
- "Top 100 1985 - UK Music Charts". Uk-charts.top-source.info. Retrieved 2019-05-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Top 100 Hits of 1986/Top 100 Songs of 1986". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2019-05-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The CASH BOX Year-End Charts: 1986". Archived from the original on 2 October 2012. Retrieved 2018-08-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link). Cash Box magazine.