Something to Talk About (film)
|Something to Talk About|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Lasse Hallström|
|Written by||Callie Khouri|
|Edited by||Mia Goldman|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Box office||$50.9 million|
Something to Talk About is a 1995 American comedy-drama film directed by Lasse Hallström, from a screenplay written by Callie Khouri. It stars Julia Roberts and Dennis Quaid as an estranged couple, Kyra Sedgwick as Roberts' sister, and Robert Duvall and Gena Rowlands as their parents.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2015)|
Grace (Julia Roberts) discovers that her husband, Eddie (Dennis Quaid), is having an affair with another woman. To her surprise, she also discovers that people around her advise her to forgive and forget instead of making an issue out of it. She doesn't agree, and takes her young daughter back to her parents' ranch to live in a cabin with her sister, Emma Rae (Kyra Sedgwick), who is furious at Eddie and lets him know it. Her father (Robert Duvall) owns a hunter/jumper horse farm and thinks that they should instead concentrate on an upcoming competition.
- Julia Roberts as Grace King Bichon
- Dennis Quaid as Eddie Bichon
- Robert Duvall as Wyly King
- Kyra Sedgwick as Emma Rae King
- Gena Rowlands as Georgia King
- Haley Aull as Caroline "Doodlebug" Bichon
The film received mixed reviews, with Rotten Tomatoes reporting that 37% of critics were positive.
Sedgwick was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
- Something to Talk About on IMDb
- Something to Talk About at the TCM Movie Database
- Something to Talk About at AllMovie
- Something to Talk About at Box Office Mojo
- Something to Talk About at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a 1990s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|