Somewhere Only We Know (film)
|Somewhere Only We Know|
|Directed by||Xu Jinglei|
Wang Shuo |
|Cinematography||Mark Lee Ping Bin|
Kaila Pictures Co Ltd
|Box office||US$45.2 million|
Somewhere Only We Know (Chinese: 有一个地方只有我们知道; pinyin: Yǒu Yīgè Dìfāng Zhǐyǒu Wǒmen Zhīdào) is a 2015 Chinese romantic drama film directed by Xu Jinglei. Filming took place in Prague, Czech Republic. The film was released on February 10，2015.
Jin Tian (Wang Likun) is a young woman who recently got dumped by her fiance and lost her grandmother, Chen Lanxin (Xu Jinglei). Feeling heartbroken, she enrolls in a language course abroad and travels to Prague for a change of pace, the city where her grandmother once spent a couple years of her life. In her grandmother's belongings, she finds a letter from 1970, written by Josef Novak, her grandmother's past lover.
In Prague, Jin Tian meets Peng Zeyang (Kris Wu), a young single father who lives with his little daughter and bipolar mother. The two develop a mutual attraction during their journey searching for Josef Novak.
- Kris Wu as Peng Zeyang
- Wang Likun as Jin Tian
- Xu Jinglei as Chen Lanxin
- Gordon Alexander as Josef Novak
- Cong Shan as Zeyang's Mom
- Sophia Cai Shuya as Ni Ni, Zeyang's daughter
- Juck Zhang as Luo Ji
- Re Yizha as Shanshan
In mainland China, the film grossed US$37.81 million in its first six days debuting at No. 1 at the box office.
- Patrick Frater (March 2, 2015). "China Box Office: 'Man From Macau,' 'Wolf Totem' Hit Top in Second Holiday Week". Variety. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Kevin Ma (26 June 2014). "Xu Jinglei begins production on Somewhere". Film Business Asia. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Nancy Tartaglione (19 January 2015). "China Lion Sets 'Somewhere Only We Know' & 'Running Man' In U.S. – Video". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "有一个地方只有我们知道 徐静蕾票房目标两个亿". People's Daily. 10 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Kris stars in Xu Jinglei's new film: "Somewhere Only We Know"". Sina English. 24 June 2014.
- Clifford Coonan (February 16, 2015). "China Box Office: Valentine's Day Lifts 'Somewhere Only We Know' Ahead of New Year Face-Off". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
|This article related to Chinese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|