Somewhere on Tour
|Tour by Iron Maiden|
Official tour advertisement for the band's performance in Stockholm, 14 November 1986
|Associated album||Somewhere in Time|
|Start date||10 September 1986|
|End date||21 May 1987|
|No. of shows||151 in total (156 scheduled)|
|Iron Maiden concert chronology|
Somewhere on Tour was a concert tour by heavy metal band Iron Maiden, from 10 September 1986 to 21 May 1987, supporting their album Somewhere in Time. The band performed across the globe, in countries including Poland, Italy, the United States and England. The tour lasted 253 days, during which the band performed 151 shows.
"When we did Inside the Electric Circus, we went on a big world tour with Iron Maiden", recalled Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P., the opening act in November and December 1986. "We had the same arrangement. There were a lot of times we went on their bus. Both of us felt we had sort of put out tired records by tired bands."
- 18 October 1986: Ipswich, England, Gaumont Theatre; CANCELLED (Due to health problems.)
- 19 December 1986: Rome, Italy, Teatro Tenda; CANCELLED
- 20 December 1986: Bologna, Italy, Teatro Tenda; CANCELLED
- 21 December 1986: Padua, Italy, Teatro Tenda; CANCELLED
- 24 January 1987: Beaumont, United States, Beaumont Civic Center; CANCELLED (Due to poor ticket sales.)
- "Caught Somewhere In Time" (from Somewhere in Time, 1986)
- "2 Minutes to Midnight" (from Powerslave, 1984)
- "The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner" (from Somewhere in Time, 1986) (Dropped after opening night)
- "Sea of Madness" (from Somewhere in Time, 1986) (Dropped after 8 January 1987)
- "Wrathchild" (From Killers, 1981) (Added on 11 May 1987)
- "Children of the Damned" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
- "Stranger in a Strange Land" (from Somewhere in Time, 1986)
- "Wasted Years" (from Somewhere in Time, 1986)
- "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" (from Powerslave, 1984)
- Guitar solo "Walking on Glass"
- "Where Eagles Dare" (from Piece of Mind, 1983) (Dropped after 22 October 1986)
- "Heaven Can Wait" (from Somewhere in Time, 1986)
- "Flight of Icarus" (from Piece of Mind, 1983) (Replaced by "Phantom of the Opera" (from Iron Maiden, 1980) after 17 September 1986)
- "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
- "Iron Maiden" (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
- "The Number of the Beast" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
- "Run to the Hills" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
- "Running Free" (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
- "Sanctuary" (from Iron Maiden, 1980) (Dropped after 18 December 1986)
- "Wrathchild" was performed in the UK, in cities where the band had two or more shows: the second nights in Manchester (11 October 1986), Edinburgh (28 October 1986) and Birmingham (31 October 1986).
- The guitar duet "Walking on Glass, was written and played (as a true guitar solo) by Adrian Smith the previous year when he and Nicko McBrain played two shows as The Entire Population of Hackney. Not played on the very last night in Japan.
- First of seven tours in which the supported album's closing track wasn't played.
- "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" was performed on the opening night in Belgrade for the first time, never again to appear on a Maiden setlist.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iron Maiden.|