Somewhere with You
|"Somewhere with You"|
|Single by Kenny Chesney|
|from the album Hemingway's Whiskey|
|Released||November 8, 2010|
|Kenny Chesney singles chronology|
"Somewhere with You" is a song written by Shane McAnally and J.T. Harding, and recorded by American country music singer Kenny Chesney. It was released in November 2010 as the second single from his album Hemingway's Whiskey.
Background and content
In an interview with Country Music Television, Chesney said, "It's so different but I still felt that it was really me. I felt melodically it was completely different and sexy". In an interview will Billboard, Chesney said, "This is a tortured soul song. If you get going with somebody, you've been in a relationship and for whatever reason she's gone or you're gone. And you're not necessarily in another relationship, but you're with somebody else, just starting something with somebody else. Trying to balance both those worlds is tough."
Whitney Pastorek of Entertainment Weekly, in her review of the album, said that the song "has a compellingly dark vibe Chesney should try out more often." Writing for The New York Times, Jon Caramanica thought that the chorus "recalls nothing so much as the Bee Gees." Rick Moore of American Songwriter called the song one of the album's "high points".
"Somewhere with You" debuted at number 35 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated for the week ending November 6, 2010. The song peaked at number one on the week ending January 29, 2011 and held that position for three weeks.
As of June 2011, the song was sold 1,000,000 times in the United States.
Reaching Platinum in the United States in July 2011, Somewhere with You is Chesney's first single achieving this feat.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||52|
|US Billboard Hot 100||31|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||15|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||39|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||31|
"Felt Good on My Lips"
by Tim McGraw
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
January 29 - February 12, 2011
by Chris Young
- Bonaguro, Alison (20 October 2010). "Kenny Chesney's New Single Feels "Different and Sexy"". CMT. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- Kenny Chesney's 'Hemingway's Whiskey': Track-By-Track Preview
- Pastorek, Whitney (22 September 2010). "Hemingway's Whiskey". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- Caramanica, Jon (26 September 2010). "Critics’ Choice - New CDs From Kenny Chesney, Jane Monheit, Jason Adasiewicz - Review - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- Moore, Rick (5 November 2010), Kenny Chesney: Hemingway’s Whiskey, American Songwriter, retrieved 9 November 2010
- Morris, Edward (30 October 2010). "Sugarland's The Incredible Machine Is Week's Hottest New Album". CMT. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Chart Highlights". Billboard. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Kenny Chesney. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Kenny Chesney. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Kenny Chesney. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Kenny Chesney. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Best of 2011: Adult Contemporary Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.