Sominot, Zamboanga del Sur
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Municipality of Sominot|
Map of Zamboanga del Sur with Sominot highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|Founded||March 27, 1980|
|Barangays||18 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Johnriel D. Melo|
|• Vice Mayor||Proceso S. Estrada|
|• Congressman||Divina Grace C. Yu|
|• Electorate||10,410 voters (2019)|
|• Total||111.52 km2 (43.06 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|• Income class||5th municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||49.41% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||64,088,800.67 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)62|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Native languages||Subanon language|
The town was formerly known as Don Mariano Marcos, named after President Ferdinand Marcos' father, until it was renamed on September 12, 1988.
Sominot is politically subdivided into 18 barangays.
- Bag-ong Baroy
- New Oroquieta
- Eastern Poblacion
- New Carmen
- San Miguel
- Santo Niño
- Upper Sicpao
|Population census of Sominot|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Zamboanga del Sur". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|