Somonauk Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||19.33 sq mi (50.1 km2)|
|• Land||19.25 sq mi (49.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.41%|
|Elevation||715 ft (218 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||2,091|
|• Density||109.2/sq mi (42.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60548, 60552|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 19.33 square miles (50.1 km2), of which 19.25 square miles (49.9 km2) (or 99.59%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.41%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Franks at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Oak Mound, Oakridge and Van Olindas.
Airports and landing strips
- George Airport
- Warren Landing Strip
- Buck Lake
- Sandwich Community Unit School District 430
- Somonauk Community Unit School District 432
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Somonauk Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.