|• Total||11.10 km2 (4.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+91, 08947|
Sompeta is a Census Town city in district of Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. The Sompeta Census Town has population of 18,778 of which 8,968 are males while 9,810 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 1822 which is 9.70 % of total population of Sompeta (CT). In Sompeta Census Town, Female Sex Ratio is of 1094 against state average of 993. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Sompeta is around 947 compared to Andhra Pradesh state average of 939. Literacy rate of Sompeta city is 76.23 % higher than state average of 67.02 %. In Sompeta, Male literacy is around 84.55 % while female literacy rate is 68.75 %.
Sompeta Census Town has total administration over 4,605 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorized to build roads within Census Town limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
Sompeta is an Assembly Constituency in Andhra Pradesh. However, Sompeta Assembly Constituency ceases to exist as an assembly constituency as per the delimitation process recently carried out. Part of the constituency includes Sompeta mandal will be part of Ichchapuram Assembly Constituency. The other part makes into the newly formed Palasa Assembly Constituency. Smt. Chitrada Nagaratnam is Sarpanch of the Town. Chitrada Srinivasa Rao is present MPP of Sompeta .
List of elected members:
|Year||Winner Candidate||Party||Votes||Runner Candidate||Party||Votes||Margin(Majority)|
- 1951, 1955, 1962, 1967 and 1978 - Gouthu Latchanna
- 1972 - Majji Thulasi Das.
- 1983 - Majji Narayana Rao
- 1985, 1989, 1994, 1999 and 2004 - Syama Sundara Sivaji
- 2009 - Piria Sairaj
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Srikakulam" (PDF). Census of India. p. 26–28,54. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Srikakulam district mandals" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. p. 211. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Sompeta
- Delimitation Commission of India.A.P.Final Order.May 2007
- Election Commission of India.1978-2004 Election results Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1972 Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.