|Founded||February 16, 1998|
|Hubs||Quatro de Fevereiro Airport|
|Company slogan||"Wings of Tranquility"|
SonAir Airline Services, S.A. (Portuguese: SonAir Serviço Aéreo, S.A.), commonly known as SonAir, is a venture of the Angolan national petroleum company Sonangol Group. It provides helicopter services to Angolan oil facilities, both onshore and offshore, as well as scheduled and charter services within Africa and to the United States.
Domestically they also provide air transportation to several business groups - private and government, outside the oil business. The company is also the first to provide direct transportation of passengers and cargo between Angola and the United States. The airline provides thrice-weekly services between Luanda (LAD) and Houston (IAH) utilizing a Boeing 747-400 (10 First Class, 143 Business Class and 36 Economy Class seats) operated by Atlas Air.
- Cabinda (Cabinda Airport)
- Catumbela (Catumbela Airport)
- Luanda (Quatro de Fevereiro Airport) Hub
- Lubango (Lubango Airport)
- Soyo (Soyo Airport)
- United States
As of February 2015 the Sonair fleet includes:
The fleet included the following aircraft (as of August 2016):
- 2 Boeing 737-700
- 9 De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
- Gazpromavia, an airline based in Moscow, Russia that operates passenger and cargo charters, mainly in support of the oil and gas industry.
- "China Sonangol International Airlines". CAPA Centre for Aviation. Archived from the original on March 1, 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Atlas Air Selected To Operate Premium Charter Service Between Houston and Luanda, Angola". Retrieved: 15 June 2010
- 2013 timetable, http://www.sonair.co.ao/documents/programacao2013.pdf
- Houston Express Timetable retrieved July 30, 2011
- SonAir fleet at Helis.com
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2018): 4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SonAir.|
|This Angola-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to an African airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|