|Sonal Singh Chauhan|
16 May 1985 |
|Occupation||Model, Actress, Singer|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title||Femina Miss India World Tourism 2005
Miss World Tourism 2005
Sonal Singh Chauhan (born 16 May 1985) is an Indian fashion model, singer and actress who predominantly appears in Hindi and Telugu films . She has won several beauty contests and made her debut as an actor in the movie Jannat.
She was crowned as the Miss World Tourism 2005 at Miri, Sarawak state of Malaysia. She is the first Indian to have claimed Miss World Tourism title. She appeared in the ads of brands like Ponds and Nokia. She also appeared on the cover page of FHM and The Man magazine (October 2000). She walked the ramp as show stopper for jewellery brand YS18 at the India International Jewelry Week 2011.
She first appeared on screen in Himesh Reshammiya's album Aap Kaa Surroor. Kunal Deshmukh, director of Jannat, saw her at a restaurant in Mumbai. He asked for her contact number, and in a week she was on the floors shooting. In the movie she was paired opposite Emraan Hashmi. She has also signed a three film deal with the Bhatts, of which two are pending. She has walked the ramp for many fashion shows and has modeled in print campaigns for brands like LG, Reliance CDMA, Hero Honda Passion, Nokia, Hindustan Times, Delhi Times, and many more.
Soon after Jannat was released, V N Aditya called her after seeing her portfolio through her agent. Impressed by her, he signed her for Telugu movie Rainbow opposite Rahul. She is also acting in a Kannada movie Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu with Shivrajkumar,which is shot in 7 wonders of the world. In May–June 2012 she and Neil Nitin Mukesh were in Fiji for the shooting of their horror thriller 3G. She also sang a duet with KK for one of the film's song "Kaise Bataoon". Then she acted in a Telugu film Legend sharing screen with actor Balakrishna marking her comeback to Tollywood after many years. Her next project was Pandaga Chesko. In early 2015, she signed two Telugu films Size Zero opposite Arya and Sher opposite Nandamuri Kalyan Ram.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2008||Jannat||Zoya Mathur||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut|
|2010||Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu||Prakruthi||Kannada|
|2011||Bbuddah... Hoga Terra Baap||Tanya||Hindi|
|2013||3G||Sheena||Hindi||Also playback singer for song "Kaise Bataoon"|
- "Sonal Chauhan – Sonal Chauhan Biography". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Doing intimate scenes with Emraan is easier: Sonal Chauhan – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sonal Chauhan interview". Telugu Cinema. 3 June 2008. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Sonal Chauhan interview". The Times of India. 11 October 2009. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- Raul Dias (26 July 2005). "She's all that!". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 May 2008.
- Raul Dias (27 July 2005). "Indian girl is Miss World Tourism". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Sonal Chauhan video interview". Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Iijw 2011: Ys 18". The Times of India.
- Loading. Bollywoodaajtak.com. Retrieved on 3 July 2012.
- "Sonal Chauhan comes to town". www.oneindia.in. 8 December 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- "Sonal Chauhan sings in her new film 3G". London: Daily Mail. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Jannat- Sonal Chauhan's ticket to Bollywood". www.indiaprwire.com. 30 April 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- "'Bhatts are known for making films in which female characters play important roles'". Rediff. April 2008.
- Litia Mathewsell (12 June 2012). Locals and tourists enjoy Bollywood film shoot. fijisun.com
- Kaise Bataaoon song by Sonal Chauhan, K.K.. vcrave.com
- "Sonal Chauhan to replace Vanya Mishra in Kalyanram's Sher"
- "Sonal Chauhan roped in for a crazy project"
- "Balakrishna to romance Legend actress once again"