|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public BSE: 532221NSE: SONATSOFTW|
|Industry||Information technology services|
P. Srikar Reddy (MD & CEO)(Feb 14, 2012–Feb 14, 2017)
Prasanna Oke (CFO) 
|Revenue||$271 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Sonata Software Limited is a Global IT Services company, that provides services in business intelligence and analytics, application development management (ADM), mobility, cloud, social media, testing, enterprise services (ERP and CRM), and infrastructure management services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1986 as the IT division of Indian Organic Chemicals, the company spun off as an independent entity in 1994. The company expanded and went public in 1998. In 2001, the company obtained SEI-CMMI Level 5 certification and in the following years, set up offices in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific. Sonata Software currently has about 3000 employees and an annual revenue of more than $200 million.
Sonata has strategic alliances with Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Oracle and HP. They offer specialized services in Azure, Brick-and-Click, hybris, and Microsoft Dynamics.
Its subsidiaries and affiliates include:
- Sonata Software Limited
- Sonata Software FZ — LLC
- Sonata Information Technology Limited (SITL)
- Sonata So ftware North America Inc.
- Sonata Software GmbH
- Sonata Europe Limited
- Sonata Software Qatar WLL
- Halosys Technologies
Sonata's shares are publicly traded in Indian Stock Exchanges. Sonata's total revenue for FY 2011–2012 was USD 218.90 million (*numbers restated for divestiture by Sonata in its JV). Sonata Software has been assessed at SEI CMMI (Dev) Ver1.2-Level 5 certified, for its development centers in Bangalore and Hyderabad.
In 2013, Sonata Software was named by Microsoft as "Cloud Partner of the Year" in India.
In March 2014, it opened an American branch in Redmond, Washington. In August 2014, Sonata Software bought a controlling stake in Rezopia, a travel reservation agency that was the first to use the cloud for taking reservations. It also acquired Xyka, Rezopia's service provider.
In April 2015, Sonata Software announced that it had entered into a partnership with the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli to promote entrepreneurship by providing resources for NIT, Tiruchirappalli's Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation. In August 2015, It acquired a 100% stake in Halosys Technologies, which specialized in mobile enterprise. In October 2015, Sonata Software acquired Interactive Business Information Systems Inc (IBIS), a Georgia based supply chain software company founded in 1989.
Awards and recognitions
- Sonata Software was awarded as 2016 Microsoft Country Partner of the Year for India.
- "Sonata Q2 profit rise 3% sequentially - Times of India".
- "Sonata Software Company Overview by Bizofit".
- "Sonata Software Ltd acquires California based Unified Cloud Enabled Enterprise Mobility Enablement platform entity Halosys". Reuters India. 5 August 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Sonata Software invests in enterprise mobility; buys US-based Halosys". Firstpost. 2015-08-07. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "IT consultancy Sonata Software expands in Redmond". GeekWire. 2014-03-03. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- Prabu, Karthick. "Sonata Software acquires majority stake in travel reservation platform Rezopia". Tnooz. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Sonata Software Ltd announces acquisition of Rezopia Inc and Xyka India". Reuters India. Reuters. 25 August 2014. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Sonata Software Ltd and NIT Trichy partner to promote student innovation and entrepreneurship". Reuters India. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Sonata Software to acquire IBIS for $14 mn". Business Standard. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Sonata Software named finalist for 2016 Microsoft Hybrid Cloud and Infrastructure Platform award". money.livemint.com. Live Mint. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Microsoft award Sonata 2016 Microsoft Country Partner of the Year for India". railway-technology.com. 14 Jul 2016. Retrieved 14 Jul 2016.
- "Sonata Software Ltd". The Times Of India.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sonata Software.|