Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Città di Soncino|
Pieve of Santa Maria Assunta.
|Frazioni||Gallignano, Isengo, Villacampagna|
|• Mayor||Gabriele Gallina|
|• Total||45.3 km2 (17.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||89 m (292 ft)|
|Population (30 November 2013)|
|• Density||170/km2 (450/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Martin|
Soncino received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree on November 18, 2004.
- The famous, well-preserved Castle (Rocca Sforzesca), built in 1473 for Galeazzo Maria Sforza. It has three square towers and a round one. It has been chosen as set for movies like Ladyhawke and Il mestiere delle armi.
- The church of San Giacomo and the annxed former Dominican convent, with an octagonal pending tower.
- The church of Santa Maria Assunta (12th century).
- The Town Hall with the Civic Tower.
- The Casa degli Stampatori ("Printers' House"), where, in 1488, the first complete Jewish Bible in the world was printed. See the entry for: Soncino family (printers)
- The Renaissance Santa Maria delle Grazie, with a fine interior.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Official website
- Soncino Turismo (tourism promotion)
- Pro Loco di Soncino (tourism promotion)
- Castrum Soncini (tourism promotion) (More information about Soncino)
|This article on a location in the Province of Cremona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|