Snapshot of Sondra Peterson in 1958
Kansas City, Missouri, US
Sondra Peterson (born 1935) is an American model. She is best known for her work in the 1950s and 1960s appearing in major magazines beside other icons of the age like Veruschka von Lehndorff and Jean Shrimpton.
Signed by Eileen Ford to the Ford Modeling Agency, she was photographed by leading photographers, including Francis McLaughlin Gill and Irving Penn. She was profiled in Eileen Ford's Book Of Model Beauty.
Seventeen highlighted famous models in the sixties in a series of "How to look like..." articles. Peterson was on the cover of various issues of the magazine, and in the May 1960 issue she was featured on the cover for an article about "How to Look Like Sondra Peterson."
- "The Best of American Fashion". Vogue. 1 February 1965. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Ford, Eileen (August 1996). "Reflections". American Photo.
- Ford, Eileen (1968). Eileen Ford's book of model beauty. New York: Trident Press.
- "How to Look Like...Sondra Peterson". Seventeen. May 1960. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Hoban, Phoebe (June 14, 1993). Skin Deep. New York, p. 30.
|This biography article about a United States model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|