This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
SongPop 1 is a head-to-head music trivia game. The free App was released in May 2012 by FreshPlanet, a venture-backed, NYC–based startup. It is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Facebook. By 2015, the app had been downloaded 100 million times.
The game is played much like the popular TV show "Name That Tune." After selecting a themed playlist, five songs are played. Players compete against each other to be the first to select the correct song title or artist from a choice of four. iTunes links are provided for each song. In SongPop 2, users can play alone for the first time, competing against a computer-controlled opponent.
SongPop 1 was awarded Best Facebook Game 2012, Social Gaming People’s Voice Winner 2013, and Best Online Game 2013 by the British Academy Games Awards.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2016)
SongPop asks players to choose the name of a song or the artist of the song, with a four option multiple choice interface. The faster a player guesses, the more points they get. Players can remove two songs by using song note chips.
- Dredge, Stuart (4 July 2012). "Mark Zuckerberg's favourite social music game Song Pop gets Premium iOS edition". Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "SongPop 2: FreshPlanet Launches Music Trivia Game on iOS". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "SongPop sequel aims to build on 100M fans of the original music trivia game". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "SongPop Shooting For The Top Of The Charts On Facebook". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- Davison, Pete (Jun 7, 2012). "Song Pop review". Inside Social Games.
- "FreshPlanet follows up its mobile song-trivia hit SongPop with a sequel". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "SongPop - FreshPlanet". freshplanet.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "SongPop on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "SongPop - App Review". www.commonsensemedia.org. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- Knowles, Jamillah. "Zuckerberg Loves Song Pop, What Better Endorsement?". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-07.