Song of Lahore
|Song of Lahore|
|Distributed by||Broad Green Pictures|
Song of Lahore is a documentary film directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Andy Schocken. The film follows a group of musicians as they travel from their home in Pakistan to New York City to perform at Lincoln Center.
Song of Lahore tells the story of Sachal Studios, a Pakistani music group who prepare for a New York City performance after being invited by Wynton Marsalis. They rehearse with Marsalis' band, the Jazz, then take the stage together at Lincoln Center.
- Eng, Matthew. "2015 Tribeca Film Festival Music Documentary Acquired by Broad Green Pictures". Tribecca. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- Pakistan's Sachal Jazz Ensemble rises above the risks in 'Song of Lahore'
- "Tribeca Film Festival 'Song of Lahore' Premiere". Gotham Magazine. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "Fall movies 2015: Every movie coming out between now and 2016". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- Pond, Steve. "Broad Green Pictures Acquires Music Documentary 'Song of Lahore'". The Wrap. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|