|Port of registry:||Marshall Islands, Majuro|
|Builder:||Kvaerner Vyborg Shipyard|
|Laid down:||24 July 1984|
|Completed:||14 June 1990|
|Length:||98 m (322 ft)|
|Beam:||64.2 m (211 ft)|
|Draught:||5.6 m (18 ft)|
|Depth:||24.5 m (80 ft)|
In May 2006, Songa Offshore signed a nine-month contract with Chevron to use the rig in Australia. A contract was later signed with Santos Limited, which was originally nine months and was extended to a year and then a year and a half. In 2013, the rig was contracted by Idemitsu Oil and Gas for drilling off Vietnam.
In 2014, Songa Offshore sold the rig to Opus Offshore as a part of the deal creating Songa-Opus joint venture.
- "Songa Mercur (22894)". DNV GL Vessel Register. Det Norske Veritas. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- Davis, Jonathan (December 7, 2007). "Songa Mercur extends southern sojourn". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. (subscription required). Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- "Songa Offshore lists in Oslo". www.marinelog.com. Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "Chevron Hires Songa Mercur for Work Offshore Australia". RigZone. May 24, 2006. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- "Santos extends Songa Mercur service". Offshore Magazine. Pennwell Corporation. October 23, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- "Idemitsu Hires Songa Mercur Rig for One Well in Vietnam". Offshore Energy Today. 2013-061-10. Retrieved 2014-03-13. Check date values in:
- Marshall, Steve (2014-04-25). "Songa sells pair of rigs". Upstream Online. NHST Media Group. (subscription required). Retrieved 2014-06-16.