Songbird is a studio album by Barbra Streisand, released in 1978. The album includes Streisand's solo version of "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". She also subsequently recorded this song as a duet with Neil Diamond and this version topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for two non-consecutive weeks in December 1978. The title track reached number 25 on the Hot 100 and spent two weeks atop the adult contemporary chart.
In the United States the album has been certified Platinum for sales of 1,000,000 copies.
- "Tomorrow" (Charles Strouse, Martin Charnin) – 2:56
- "A Man I Loved" (Nikki Oosterveen, George Michalski) – 4:02
- "I Don't Break Easily" (Bruce Roberts – 3:53
- "Love Breakdown" (Alan Gordon) – 3:36
- "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" (Neil Diamond, Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman) – 3:58
- "Honey Can I Put on Your Clothes" (Jean Monte Ray, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller) – 5:24
- "One More Night" (Stephen Bishop) – 3:10
- "Stay Away" (Kim Carnes) – 3:47
- "Deep in the Night" (Helen Miller, Eve Merriam) – 3:10
- "Songbird" (Dave Wolfert, Stephen Nelson) – 3:46
- Barbra Streisand - vocals, back cover photography
- Jay Graydon, Steve Lukather, Dennis Budimir, Lee Ritenour, Mitch Holder, Charlie Brown, Sal DiTroia, Larry Carlton, John Tropea - guitar
- David Hungate, Will Lee, Abraham Laboriel, Reinie Press - bass
- Larry Muhoberac, David Foster, Lincoln Mayorga, Greg Mathieson - piano
- Leon Pendarvis, Pat Rebillot - keyboards
- Ian Underwood, James Newton Howard - synthesizer
- Ed Greene, Allan Schwartzberg, Jeff Porcaro - drums
- Bob Zimmitti, Paulinho da Costa - percussion
- Gayle Levant - harp
- Ronny Lang, Ernie Watts, Jim Horn - saxophone
- Jerry Hey, Steve Madaio - trumpet
- Bill Reichenbach - trombone
- Louise Di Tullio - flute
- George Michalski, Niki Oosterveen, Jim Gilstrap, Julia Tillman Waters, Maxine Willard Waters, Oren Waters, Stephanie Spruill
- Charles Koppelman - executive producer
- Nick DeCaro, James Newton Howard, Lee Holdridge, Gene Page - orchestral arrangements
- Steve Schapiro - front cover photography
- "Songbird" / "Honey Can I Put On Your Clothes?" (1978)
|US Billboard Top 200
|Australian Albums Chart
|UK Albums Chart
- ^ "Barbra Streisand Archives - Songbird". Barbra Streisand Archives. Retrieved June 12, 2011.
- ^ William Ruhlmann. "Songbird (AllMusic Review)". AllMusic. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- ^ Stephen Holden (July 27, 1978). "Rolling Stone Review-Songbird". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on November 1, 2009. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- ^ "RIAA: Songbird -Platinum Certification". www.riaa.com. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- ^ "Barbra Streisand - Full Official Chart History". Official Charts Company. Official Charts Company. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- ^ "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2000 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- ^ "Canadian album certifications – Barbra Streisand – Songbird". Music Canada.
- ^ "British album certifications – Barbra Streisand – Songbird". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Songbird in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Silver in the field By Award. Click Search
- ^ "American album certifications – Barbra Streisand – Songbird". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH