Songs (Regina Spektor album)
|Studio album by Regina Spektor|
|Recorded||December 25, 2001 at Antenna Studios, NYC|
|Producer||Joe Mendelson, Regina Spektor|
|Regina Spektor chronology|
Songs is the second album by singer-songwriter Regina Spektor. The album was recorded in its entirety on Christmas Day of 2001; all songs were recorded in one take. Copies of the self-released album were sold at Spektor's early live shows. The album is still sold at shows, and is available for purchase periodically at the independent CD retailer CDBaby.com.
All songs written and composed by Regina Spektor.
|4.||"Reading Time with Pickle"||5:33|
|5.||"Consequence of Sounds"||5:09|
|8.||"Aching to Pupate"||2:13|
|12.||"Ne Me Quitte Pas"||4:38|
- A different version of the song "Samson" can also be found as the third track of her album Begin to Hope.
- A new version of the song "Ne Me Quitte Pas" (re-titled as "Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)") can be found on her album What We Saw From The Cheap Seats.
- Regina Spektor - vocals, piano
- Chelsea Horenstein - photography
- Ryan B Curtis - layout design RyanBCurtis.com
Songs, recorded on December 25, 2001. Times Square was cold, quiet, abandoned. Joe Mendelson and I were going to archive a list of songs. We recorded seventeen—here are twelve of them. When you are listening to this little disk, try to think that you are in on a secret...
Engineered, mastered, and made possible, by the talented and generous Joe Mendelson, Antenna Studios, NYC. Making this session into a CD inspired by David Poe. So many thanks to the above individuals, and also to everyone good... © Regina Spektor 2002
|This 2000s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|