From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (December 2011)
Songs and Stories is a studio album by jazz musician George Benson. The album was released by Concord on August 25, 2009.
||"Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight"
||Catero Colbert, Rod Temperton
||"Show Me the Love"
||Steve Lukather, Marcus Miller, David Paich
||"A Telephone Call Away"
||"Someday We'll All Be Free"
||Donny Hathaway, Edward Howard
||"Nuthin' But a Party"
||Robert Harris, Christopher Lomax, Marlon McClain, Larry Troutman, Roger Troutman
||"Come in from the Cold"
||Marc Broussard, Radney Foster, Justin Tocket
||"Rainy Night in Georgia"
||Tony Joe White
||"One Like You"
||David Garfield, William "Smokey" Robinson
||"Living in High Definition"
- Guitar, lead vocals - George Benson
- Guitar, vocals on "Nuthin' But a Party" - Norman Brown
- Bass Guitar, keyboards, percussion, vibraphone, vocals, programming - Marcus Miller
- Vocals on "A Telephone Call Away" - Lalah Hathaway
- Guitars - Paul Jackson, Jr., Ray Parker, Jr., Steve Lukather, Wah Wah Watson
- Acoustic guitars - Lee Ritenour, Marcelo Lima, Toninho Horta
- Violins - Todor Pelev, Victoria Lanier, Katheleen Robertson, Gerry Hilera, Dennis Molchan, Xiao Niu He, Sai Ly Acosta, Charles Everett, Joel Derouin, Susan Chatman, Ronald Clark
- Fretless Bass Guitar - Arthur Maia
- Violas - Robin Ross, Michael Molnau, John Hayhurst, Evan Wilson
- Saxophones - Gerald Albright, Tom Scott
- Trumpets - Chuck Findley, Gary Grant
- Trombone - Charles Loper
- Keyboards - Greg Phillinganes, David Garfield, William Magalhães, David Paich, Bruno Cardozo, Bobby Sparks
- Keyboards, programming - Rod Temperton
- Synthesizer - Steve Porcaro
- Drums - John "J.R." Robinson, Maguinho Alcântara
- Percussion - Paulinho da Costa
- Wind chimes - Noël Lee
- Background vocals - Patti Austin, Carolyn Perry, Lori Perry, Sharon Perry