Songs from an American Movie Vol. Two: Good Time for a Bad Attitude
|Songs from an American Movie |
Vol. Two: Good Time for a Bad Attitude
|Studio album by Everclear|
|Released||November 21, 2000|
|Genre||Alternative rock, post-grunge|
CDP 7243 5 30620 2 6
|Drowned in Sound||2/10|
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|Wall of Sound||77/100|
|Yahoo! Music UK|||
Songs from an American Movie Vol. Two: Good Time for a Bad Attitude is the fifth studio album by Everclear, released on November 21, 2000. They recorded Vol. One and Vol. Two in the same year and released them only a few months apart. Both albums are loose concept albums inspired by Art Alexakis' second divorce. The first one is more pop-based and melodic, the second angrier with a more punk/hard rock sound. It also focuses more on the destruction of relationships in its lyrical content.
The album debuted at #66 on the Billboard charts, a disappointment compared to Vol. One's top-ten debut. Furthermore, it does not have a certification from the RIAA, while Vol. One was certified Platinum. However, Vol. Two was certified Gold in Canada in February 2001. None of the singles received any significant airplay on radio or MTV.
"When It All Goes Wrong Again", "Out of My Depth," and "Rock Star" were released as singles from this album. "When It All Goes Wrong Again" was featured on the soundtrack for the 2001 film Antitrust starring Ryan Phillippe while "Rock Star" was featured for the 2001 film of the same name starring Mark Wahlberg.
|1.||"When It All Goes Wrong Again"||3:48|
|5.||"Short Blonde Hair"||3:24|
|7.||"Out of My Depth"||4:32|
|8.||"The Good Witch of the North"||2:39|
|10.||"All Fucked Up"||3:20|
|12.||"Song from an American Movie, Pt. 2"||4:52|
- Stephen Marcussen - Mastering
- Dan Marnien - Engineer
- Frank Ockenfels Photography
- Lars Fox - Producer, Engineer, Digital Engineer, Loop, Loops, Computers
- Mauricio Iragorri - Mixing
- Jeffery Fey - Coordination, Layout Design, Layout Coordinator
- Sean Cox - Guitar Technician
- Darren Lewis - Executive Producer, Management
- Perry Watts-Russell - Executive Producer, A&R
- David Weiss - Management
- Geoff Walcha - Assistant Engineer, Vocal Engineer, Guitar Engineer
- Scott Warner - Lighting Design
- David Weise - Management
- Andy Banton - Live Sound
- James Beaton - Keyboards
- Brett Snyder - Drum Technician
- Matt Miley - Management .
- Neal Avron - Engineer, Vocal Recording, Mixing
- Bradley Cook - Engineer, Drum Recordings
- Kevin Dean - Assistant Engineer, Drum Engineering, Bass Engineer
- Mick Kent - Engineer, Live Sound Engineer, Production Coordination, Product Manager
- "Critic Reviews for Songs From An American Movie, Vol. 2: Good Time For A Bad Attitude". Metacritic. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Songs from an American Movie, Vol. 2: Good Time for a Bad Attitude - Everclear". AllMusic. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Rivers, Martin (2001-04-02). "Album Review: Everclear - Songs From An American Movie, Vol. Two: Good Time For A Bad Attitude". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Larkin, Colin (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Omnibus Press. ISBN 9780857125958.
- Sinclair, Tom (November 24, 2000). "Songs From an American Movie, Vol. 2: Good Time for a Bad Attitude Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Segal, Victoria (April 19, 2001). "Album Reviews - Everclear : Songs From An American Movie, Vol Two: Good Time For A Bad Attitude". NME. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Sheffield, Rob (December 21, 2000). "Recordings: Everclear, Songs From an American Movie, Vol. 2: Good Time for a Bad Attitude". Rolling Stone: 173. Archived from the original on June 29, 2001. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Clover, Joshua (February 2001). "Everclear: Songs from an American Movie Vol. Two: Good Time for a Bad Attitude". Spin. SPIN Media LLC. pp. 106–7. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Remstein, Bob. "Review: Songs From an American Movie, Vol. Two — Good Time for a Bad Attitude". Wall of Sound. Archived from the original on April 15, 2001. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Heath, Chris (April 16, 2001). "Everclear - 'Songs From An American Movie Vol 2: Good Time For A Bad Attitude'". Yahoo! Music UK. Archived from the original on August 25, 2004. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "Gold & Platinum - RIAA". RIAA. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "Gold & Platinum Certification - February 2001". Canadian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on April 7, 2012. Retrieved August 17, 2010.