Razdan in 2018
|Born||25 October 1956|
|Occupation||Actress, film director|
Mahesh Bhatt (m. 1986)
|Children||Shaheen Bhatt |
Her photos were seen by Franco Zeffirelli who wanted to cast her as Mary in his miniseries, Jesus of Nazareth. The role, however, was given to Olivia Hussey and Razdan was cast as a young grieving mother as well as appearing as an extra in other scenes.
She appeared as Sulochana in the hit Doordarshan TV series Buniyaad. She also acted in Indian TV serials Saahil, Gaatha and has been a regular on Indian television. In 2002, she turned to direction with Aur Phir Ek Din on Star Plus, a take-off on One Fine Day starring Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney.
She has also acted in Bollywood movies. Razdan directed a film called Love Affair that was expected to be released in 2016, but did not. [circular reference] She acted in Meghna Gulzar's Raazi which also starred her daughter Alia in the lead role. This was the first time when she shared the screen with Alia where she played the character of Alia's mother. Soni played the lead role in the film Yours Truly where she portrayed the character of a lonely middle-aged government employee Mithi Kumar.
Razdan married film director Mahesh Bhatt on 20 April 1986.
|36 Chowringhee Lane||1981||Rosemary, Violet's niece|
|On Wings of Fire||1986|
|Such a Long Journey||1988|
|Patiala House||2011||Dimple Bua|
|Love Breakups Zindagi||2011|
|Shootout at Wadala||2013|
|Yours Truly||2018||Mithi Kumar|
|No Fathers in Kashmir||2019||Halima|
|The Verdict - State vs Nanavati||2019||ZEE5|
|Love Ka Hai Intezaar||2017|
- "England and Wales, Birth Registration Index". Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- The Hindu, Online (30 December 2008). "woman of many parts".
- "Karl Hoelzer , Alia's great grandfather dared to take on the Nazi regime in his own small way and paid a very heavy price for it". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "BUT LITTLE DID ALIA's GRANDMA GERTRUDE KNOW that her tragic story would have a happy ending". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- expressindia, daily news (30 January 2001). "I'll voice the worries of Kashmiri muslim".
- "@PoojaB1972 @MaheshNBhatt @AdrianMLevy I'm half Kashmiri Pandit and Half German..also an atheist and have not imposed any faith on my kids". Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "What's Wrong With Poor Part 3". sonispeak. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- The Tribune, Spectrum (13 August 2006). "Soni Razdan returns". TheTribune.com.
- "Soni Razdan's directorial venture to go on floors in 2016". The Indian Express. 5 November 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Love Affair (unreleased film)
- "Soni Razdan's Love Affair put on hold, to do a TV series first?". 6 March 2017.
- "Raazi movie: Soni Razdan explains why she wanted to hug daughter Alia during the shoot".
- "In Yours Truly, Soni Razdan Shines In An Elegant Ode To Middle-Aged Longing". Film Companion. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Rediff On The Net, Movies: An interview with Soni Razdan".
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|