This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||8 September 1946|
|Alma mater||Université Paris-Sud|
In 1998 Sonja Šiljak-Yakovlev have studied 11 Hypochaeris species from South America and Europe including H. achyrophorus, H. chillensis and H. cretensis and their locuses. During the study, she discovered that when combining 18S-5.3S-28S with 5S gives a different result then the European counterpart which have a minor difference of 5.8S. This eventually proved that evolutionally the plants are different.
In 2002 Sonja Šiljak have studied two species of spruce genus (P. omorika and P. abies) and their heterochromatin Chromomycin-A. In 2003 she along with F. Bogunic, E. Muratovic, and SC Brown have studied five species and two subspecies of pine in the Balkans region and noted that P. peuce, P. sylvestris, P. mugo and P. nigra are present at the region. The same year, Sonja Šiljak along with S. Peccenini, E. Muratovic, V. Zoldos, O. Robin and J. Valles had studied lilies; particularly genus Lilium and some of its species such as L. carniolicum, L. pomponium, and L. pyrenaicum using the same FISH technology.
In 2006 she along with Saranya Srisuwan and Darasinh Sihachakr have used fluorescence in situ hybridization on various species of morning glories (I. batanas, I. trifida, I. triloba, I. tiliacea, I. leucantha, I. setosa, I. tabascana) and discovered that I. trifida is a possible progenitor of I. batatas and I. tabascana.
- "UNSA promovisao počasnog doktora i osam profesora emeritus" [UNSA promoted eight honorary doctors to Professor Emeritus]. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- M Cerbah; J Coulaud; S Siljak-Yakovlev (1998). "rDNA organization and evolutionary relationships in the genus Hypochaeris (Asteraceae)". Journal of Heredity. Oxford Academic. 89 (4): 312–318. doi:10.1093/jhered/89.4.312.
- S. Siljak-Yakovlev; M. Cerbah; J. Coulaud; et al. (February 2002). "Nuclear DNA content, base composition, heterochromatin and rDNA in Picea omorika and Picea abies". Theoretical and Applied Genetics. Springer. 104 (2): 505–512. doi:10.1007/s001220100755.
- F Bogunic; E Muratovic; SC Brown; S Siljak-Yakovlev (August 2003). "Genome size and base composition of five Pinus species from the Balkan region". Plant Cell Reports. Springer-Verlag. 22 (1): 59–63. doi:10.1007/s00299-003-0653-2. PMID 12835994.
- Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev; S Peccenini; E Muratovic; V Zoldos; O Robin; J Valles (February 2003). "Chromosomal differentiation and genome size in three European mountain Lilium species". Plant Systematics and Evolution. Springer/JSTOR. 236 (3): 165–173. doi:10.1007/s00606-002-0240-y. JSTOR 43558042.
- Saranya Srisuwan; Darasinh Sihachakr; Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev (September 2006). "The origin and evolution of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas Lam.) and its wild relatives through the cytogenetic approaches". Plant Science. Elsevier. 171 (3): 424–433. doi:10.1016/j.plantsci.2006.05.007. PMID 22980213.