|Senator for Ebony South|
|Preceded by||Anyimchukwu Ude|
|Political party||People's Democratic Party (PDP)|
Sonni Ogbuoji is a Nigerian politician who was elected Senator for Ebonyi South, in Ebonyi State, Nigeria in the 9 April 2011 national elections. He was elected on the People's Democratic Party (PDP) ticket.
Ogbuoji was Commissioner for Economic Empowerment and Poverty Reduction in the government of Martin Elechi. In this role he supervised construction and stocking of 35 catfish ponds in an effort to provide youth employment. In November 2010 Ogbuoji, resigned from this post. He remained the Ebonyi coordinator for the Goodluck / Sambo Presidential campaign.
Ogbuoji won 65,735 votes in the April 2011 senatorial election for Ebonyi South. Idu Igariwey of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) followed with 16,501 and Darlington Okere of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) got 11,602.
- Kenneth Ofoma (11 April 2011). "Ebonyi - PDP, ANPP Win". Daily Champion. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- PETER OKUTU" (March 15, 2011). "Ebonyi Senate Contests: PDP, APGA, ANPP in salty runs". Nigeria Best. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Felix Uka (Oct 10, 2010). "Ebonyi spends N135m on catfish ponds, others". Daily Independent. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- "Nigeria: 2011 - Mass Resignation Hits Ebonyi". allAfrica. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "2011 Polls: Commssioners Resign". PM News. 4 Nov 2010. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|