|Born||William M. Landham
February 11, 1941
Canton, Georgia, United States
At the beginning of his acting career, Landham was an actor in pornographic films. He then became a mainstream movie actor and appeared in a number of popular Hollywood films, including The Warriors (as a subway policeman whose leg gets broken by a baseball bat-wielding Michael Beck), Predator, 48 Hrs., Lock Up and Action Jackson.
Personal and political life
In 2003, Landham ran in the Republican Party primary election for the post of Governor of Kentucky, hoping to repeat the success of his Predator castmates Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. He based his candidacy on opposition to an amendment which endorsed the Kentucky Family Court, saying his bad experiences at the hands of the family court had convinced him that it was run for the benefit of lawyers rather than families or children. He was unsuccessful in gaining the party's nomination. He ran briefly as an independent candidate, but withdrew on June 18, and endorsed the Republican slate.
In January 2004, Landham announced his candidacy for the 27th State Senate District of Kentucky.
On June 25, 2008, Landham announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Mitch McConnell on the Libertarian line. The same day Landham called for genocide against Arabs and referred to them as "ragheads". His comments were made on the political radio show The Weekly Filibuster. Three days later, on June 28, the Kentucky Libertarians voted unanimously to withdraw Landham's nomination, citing his comments were not in keeping with the party's platform and values.
Landham is currently pursuing a degree at Eastern Kentucky University.
|1975||Abigail Leslie is Back in Town||Bo|
|1976||Slippery When Wet|
|1982||Poltergeist||Pool Worker #2|
|48 Hrs.||Billy Bear|
|1988||Action Jackson||Mr. Quick|
|1989||Lock Up||Chink Weber|
|1993||Best of the Best 2||James|
|Guns & Lipstick||Albino|
|1996||Carnival of Wolves||Bodyguard #4|
|Billy Lone Bear||Billy Lone Bear|
|2009||Mental Scars||Chief Bear|
|1984||The A-Team||The Island||Ryker|
|1985||The Dirty Dozen: Next Mission||Sam Sixkiller|
|Hardcastle and McCormick||You Don't Hear the One that Gets You||Sheriff Billy Blackstone|
|1986||The Fall Guy||War of the Wheel||Jake|
|1987||Miami Vice||Viking Bikers from Hell||Toad|
|1991||3 Days to Kill||Pepe|
- "Ex-Porn Star Enters Kentucky Governor's Race". WKMB / local6.com. July 3, 2002. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- Crowley, Patrick (June 30, 2002). "Porn on candidate's resume". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- "Sonny Landham". iafd.com. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- Hart, Kenneth (2006-09-19). "Actor injured in 4-car chain-reaction wreck". The Independent. Ashland, Kentucky. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- Lucas, Mary Grace (June 26, 2008). "Tough-guy actor eyes Senate seat". CNN.
- "Sonny Landham calls for genocide of all Arabs and Muslims". Independent Political Report. July 26, 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- "Libertarians drop Sonny Landham". Independent Political Report. July 28, 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- Sonny Landham at the Internet Movie Database
- Sonny Landham at AllMovie
- The US court of appeal's finding overturning Landham's convictions
- Landham's lawsuit against Galoob
- Alpha Sigma Phi, Beta Chi Chapter