|Full name||Jan Jacobus Silooy|
|Date of birth||August 31, 1963|
|Place of birth||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|2010||Dayton Dutch Lions|
|2011–||D.C. United (assistant)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Silooy played as a right or central defender and is one of the legends of Ajax Amsterdam, where he made his debut on May 3, 1981, playing over 250 league games for the Amsterdam club in two separate periods. Silooy also played for Matra Racing, Arminia Bielefeld, De Graafschap and the amateurs of GVV Unitas from Gorinchem. He played in the 1996 UEFA Champions League Final against Juventus, but missed a key penalty in the shootout which Ajax ultimately lost.
Silooy, a member of the Dutch squad at the 1983 FIFA World Youth Championship, obtained 25 caps for the Netherlands national football team, including 8 appearances in Euro 88 qualifying, but never played in a major international competition.
- Eredivisie: 1981–82, 1982–83, 1984–85, 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96
- KNVB Cup: 1982–83, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1995–96
- Johan Cruijff Shield: 1993, 1994, 1995
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1986–87
- UEFA Cup: 1991–92
- UEFA Super Cup: 1995
- Intercontinental Cup: 1995
- "Sonny Silooy - International Appearances". The Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation.
- 11 FREUNDE – Bundesligen – Ik heb en twejaarig contract
- Sonny Silooy at home.wanadoo.nl
- Interlands Sonny Silooy
- Sonny Silooy to leave Ajax
- "Sonny Silooy named D.C. United Assistant Coach". D.C. United. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- (Dutch) Profile
- (Dutch) International career
- (English) Ajax.nl – Sonny Silooy to leave Ajax, 7th Feb 2008