A Kiss for the Petals
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|A Kiss for the Petals|
Maidens of Michael Cover
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable|
|Platform(s) of origin||Microsoft Windows|
|First release||A Kiss for the Petals|
November 25, 2006
|Latest release||The New Generation|
November 25, 2016
A Kiss for the Petals (その花びらにくちづけを Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o), is a Japanese adult yuri visual novel series created by the dōjin group Fuguriya. The series debuted on November 25, 2006 with the visual novel of the same name for Microsoft Windows. Since then, a total of 23 titles have been released, with the most recent one being released on October 26, 2016. Following the success of the first game, it quickly expanded into a series of visual novels, light novels, drama CDs, artbooks, radio shows and an anime adaptation.
Set in St. Michael's Academy (Mikajyo), the games follows the yuri relationships and romance between various girls. While most of the games focus just on a single couple, some of the newer titles feature multiple couples. The uniforms for the high school students are auburn colored, with a white sailor collar, and a black bow tie; while the uniforms for the middle school students are light pink, also with a white sailor collar, and a red bow tie; the uniforms for The Next Generation series are white, with a black sailor collar-(complete with a matching black skirt), and a red bow tie as well.
- Nanami Oda (織田 七海 Oda Nanami)
- Voiced by: Fuyuka Toiro (First Game), Yumi Haruna (Second Game), Nana Yasaka (Third Game), Konoko Takanashi (Fourth Game)
- A first-year high school student at St. Michael's, she's lighthearted and energetic with an outgoing disposition. Currently romantically involved with Yūna, an upperclassman. A fair young lady with a fair bit of knowledge in matters of love (though not from personal experience) who's quite prone to daydreaming. Her head is always full of romantic thoughts for Yūna! Surprisingly stubborn, and is usually involved in trifling arguments, even with her partner Yūna. She has such a lovestruck disposition that her discovery that Yūna is actually nothing like how she imagined only caused her to fall that much harder for her. She is known to be a troubled young girl with an underdeveloped chest and a squishy belly, who's madly in love with her Oneesama.
- Yūna Matsubara (松原 優菜 Matsubara Yūna)
- Voiced by: Pochi Uchino
- A second year high school student at St. Michael's and chairman of the Environmental Protection Committee (a group that's functionally the student council), and the proud daughter of parents who are directors of large hospitals all over Japan. A somewhat soft-spoken intellectual beauty with a gentle disposition to boot. A busty girl who excels in sports, and all around superwoman. A campus idol, naturally adored by her juniors (and even by her seniors), while seemingly totally oblivious to that fact. She's actually a rather spoiled, dirty-minded girl. Also the type of person who isn't satisfied unless she puts all her heart and soul into something. She's the Chairman of the Environmental Preservation Committee which functions essentially as the student council, and the proud daughter of parents who are joint directors of a major hospital. Although fairly easygoing, she's both beautiful and intelligent, and has a gentle disposition to boot. With athletic prowess and enormous breasts, she's an all-around perfect superwoman.
- Reo Kawamura (川村 玲緒 Kawamura Reo)
- Voiced by: Hana Anzu
- A second-year student and classmate of Mai Sawaguchi. Coming from a long line of affluence on her mother's side, she's what you might call a sheltered girl. Reo herself is socially inept and has a fear of strangers, Reo is known to have a very short stature with a fairly childlike body, her long fluffy silver hair and refined facial features form an adorable combination that makes her incredibly popular. However, unfriendly to everyone except Mai, she's a hyper-tsundere who's like a wild beast in some ways. Both her parents are living overseas, so she lives alone in a big apartment.
- Mai Sawaguchi (沢口 麻衣 Sawaguchi Mai)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Izumi
- Another second-year student and one of Reo's classmates, she's grown up at St. Michael's, having attended since kindergarten. Her parents are an average working couple. She doesn't hold any particular title in her class; however, due to her helpful big sister-like personality, others have a tendency to rely on her. A "commoner" in her own words. She's spent so much time at St. Michael's, she's gotten quite accustomed to dealing with high-class young ladies. It's that self-confident attitude that makes her so popular with others, and it's not unusual for her to receive love letters from under and upperclassmen alike. She has two younger siblings a brother and a sister
- Kaede Kitajima (北嶋 楓 Kitajima Kaede)
- Voiced by: Nazuna Gogyō
- A second-year student at St. Michael's and Mai Sawaguchi's childhood friend, a talented girl who serves as class representative. Her glasses and braided hair give off a relatively subdued image. Although meek and subdued by nature, she has a strong sense of duty, and her classmates have complete confidence in her. Her tall stature and large bust make for a very attractive figure. However she's actually quite gorgeous without her glasses and side braid, and she's now somewhat of a celebrity. She and her younger cousin Sara are an officially recognized couple on campus, a relationship that has even Kaede actively showing affection.
- Sara Kitajima (北嶋 紗良 Kitajima Sara)
- Voiced by: Satsuki Uri
- A first-year student at St. Michael's and Kaede's younger cousin. A student model, well-known from fashion magazines. Her mother is an actress, making her a true thoroughbred. She has an incredibly bright and sociable disposition. With her appearance and personality, she has a charismatic temperament that causes her to unwittingly charm those around her. She's what you might call an open book, and has a kind of natural innocence. Her affection towards Kaede is in full overdrive, both publicly and privately. The way she clings to and loves on Kaede in front of others with such a serious expression tends to make the other students jealous of their closeness.
- Runa Hōraisen (蓬莱泉 瑠奈 Hōraisen Runa)
- Voiced by: Yuki Ueda
- A recent transfer student to St. Michael's Middle School and Takako's lover. Highhanded and domineering with the disposition of a queen, she speaks and carries herself like an adult, and has everyone around her wrapped around her little finger. She doesn't hesitate to say, "Sensei belongs to me," in front of her classmates and friends and yet with her self-centered personality, she cares little for what others have to say. She's quite possessive when it comes to Takako, but rather than impulsively losing her temper, she seems more likely to quietly threaten. Essentially a bit of a sadist, one way or another, she'll interpret things to her own advantage and then smile with a sadistic gracefulness. Since her parents whereabouts are unknown, Runa previously lived with her sister in a large apartment until she moved in with her teacher.
- Takako Suminoe (墨廼江 貴子 Suminoe Takako)
- Voiced by: Yui Azuma
- High school graduate and one of the school teachers in the elementary department at St. Michael's Christian School , before becoming a school teacher she was a shy young schoolgirl who had an innocent crush on her senpai Rena (aka Runa's older sister). Being given her first homeroom assignment a number of years into her career, she's romantically involved with one of her students, Runa Hōraisen. Currently living with Runa, as the adult she tries to teach Runa to act more childlike, but instead, she's the only one who ever ends up doing what she's told. Be that as it may, she doesn't harbor any ill will towards Runa for being so assertive, and occasionally even admires the way she carries herself with such distinction. Rather, she has to desperately resist the urge to come out by reminding herself, "That girl is your student!". Before meeting Rena, she lived with her mother and her unknown brother.
- Miya Ayase (綾瀬 美夜 Ayase Miya)
- Voiced by: Nerine Akimoto
- A student of the Year 1 "Snow" class, and a classmate of Risa's. A prominent genius on campus, but has difficulty in social situations. Doesn't really take issue with people other than Risa, and socializes as little as possible.
Whenever she speaks with Risa it's always abusive, but she's actually covering her own embarrassment. Her speech and behavior always keep others at a distance. She rarely shows her soft side and is unflappable. When she does show her soft side, she becomes timid and casts nervous glances from beneath her lashes. Although you wouldn't guess it from the way she talks, her behavior is actually quite ladylike. Possessing one of the most prominent intellects on campus, she has been offered the chance to study abroad and even skip grades, but she hates interacting with others, so she enrolled in the not particularly academically demanding school for high-class girls.
- Risa Azumi (安曇 璃紗 Azumi Risa)
- Voiced by: Kuroi Neko
- Class Representative of the Year 1 "Snow" class, and a classmate of Miya's. Has an earnest and hardworking personality. As a hard-nosed person, she often finds herself in leadership positions. She's what you might call a high-class tsundere girl.
While she naturally does well academically and has common sense, whenever she gets into it with Miya, she always gets outreasoned and frequently stomps her feet. Having an unusually strong sense of shame, she gets flustered and briefly digs herself into a hole when thrust into a romantic relationship. The half-Japanese daughter of a foreign company with a British mother. Built like a model, and the owner of enormous breasts.
- Rikka Shinozaki (篠崎 六夏 Shinozaki Rikka)
- Voiced by: Madoka Midorikawa
- A first-year student at Saint Michael's Academy for Girls who was admitted from outside the school system on a scholarship. An athletic girl who became a celebrity overnight after setting a new national record in the 100 meter dash shortly after her enrollment. On top of all that, her personality is such that she can't help but intervene whenever she sees someone in trouble, which has made her extremely popular. Serving as Vice Class Representative, she and Class Representative Sayuki were voted as a Best Couple, and due to her dependable nature she's come to be known as "Snow White's Knight." But it seems she has some sort of relationship with Risa.
- Sayuki Shirakawa (白河 沙雪 Shirakawa Sayuki)
- Voiced by: Yun Sachi
- Rikka's fellow classmate. Both beautiful and brilliant, she's a talented scholar and athlete who was selected to serve on the Environmental Preservation Committee. Holding such a resounding reputation since middle school, she's being hailed as the first "Ultimate Lady" since the days of alumna Hōraisen Rena. Her grandfather is descended from samurai who are rumored to have owned a castle, so owing to her name, she's earned the moniker "Snow White." In the wake of the... scandal? involving Rikka and Risa, will she become the center of even greater attention?
- Eris Shitogi (粢 エリス Shitogi Eris)
- Voiced by: Mio Ōkawa
- A third year student at St. Michael's Junior College, she's Shizuku's girlfriend and an exchange student from Russia. Originally enrolling in St. Michael's as a transfer student, she's half Japanese and half of Nordic descent. She's proficient in Japanese and was formerly the famed proprietor of the Lily Platinum fan club. She's currently doing a home stay with Shizuku's family while the two of them attend junior college. She still makes Shizuku turn briefly tsundere whenever she speaks passionate words of love to her without any regard for who might be listening. She has a strong rivalry with Reo.
- Shizuku Kirishima (霧島 雫 Kirishima Shizuku)
- Voiced by: Miei
- A third-year student and Japanese beauty who's grown up at St. Michael's, having attended since grade school.
Having a calligrapher for a father, Shizuku herself is highly regarded as "Shizuku-gozen," the scribe of St. Michael's. Her character is one of sincerity and excellence; however, she's exceedingly bad with foreign words. In a loving relationship with the exchange student Eris, Shizuku is always at the mercy of that outspoken girl, whether others are around or not. While naturally she could never hate Eris, her troubles never seem to end. With a young widowed calligrapher for a father, she was once revered as "Shizuku Gozen." Her no-nonsense personality is one of distinction, although she's exceedingly bad with foreign words. She's in an openly public relationship with Eris, the former exchange student, and the two of them are currently attending St. Michael's Junior College together.
- Rena Hōraisen (蓬莱泉 麗奈 Hōraisen Rena)
- Voiced by: Kō Manazuru
- Another school teacher at St. Michael's. Runa's older sister and Takako's former classmate and tutor. Stylish and stunningly beautiful — the perfect girl. Outgoing and easygoing. Although she's blunt and untidy, for some reason she has the kind of likable personality that's impossible to hate. An alumnus of St. Michael's (women's junior college), at the time, the teachers and students all praised her for being a well-behaved young lady. But in actuality, she was chasing skirts left and right, regardless if they were seniors or juniors. It's rumored her lovers numbered at nearly a hundred.
- Principal (学校長)
- Voiced by: Kou Manazuru
- The school principal at St. Michael's Academy. It is hinted that she was Takako's teacher when the latter was in school.
- Yūno Katakura (片倉 優乃 Katakura Yūno)
- Voiced by: Yuka Meriru
- An extreeemely pushy and overprotective girl who is in her first year of nursing school. Satsuki's classmate and dormmate. Has a soft, feminine disposition. Fairly protective, she always speaks formally, with a deference to others.
Her overbearing disposition stems from her “What would you do without me?” attitude toward the frequently troubled Satsuki.
- Satsuki Ishigami (片倉 優乃 Ishigami Satsuki)
- Voiced by: Hana Anzu
- A brilliant, but frank and aloof girl with boyish tendencies.
What you would call an aloof mystery. Up front and self-assured. She always speaks in a masculine way.
Although she's never had much interest in eating, Yuuno has been using her home cooking to draw her out more, so that she'll be straightforward with her expressions of affection, regardless of their surroundings.
She also makes an appearance in Yuririn.
- Ringo Aihara (相原 りんご Aihara Ringo)
- Voiced by: Shiori Honno
- An energetic, aspiring young girl. A first-year student in nursing school and graduate of St. Michael's. A hardworker who always maintains excellent grades.
She's family friends with Chiaki, who is a nurse and teacher, and has admired her since they were little.
Taking her acceptance to nursing school as an opportunity to become independent from her parents, she's begun living with Chiaki in her apartment.
- Chiaki Takao (高尾 千秋 Takao Chiaki)
- Voiced by: Koko Ichinose
- A picture perfect nurse... But she's actually pretty spoiled. She's both a nurse in the gastrointestinal surgery ward at Saint Michael's General Hospital as well as a nursing instructor.
With Ringo being accepted to nursing school, Chiaki offers to take her under her wing, and the two begin living together in her apartment. Ordinarily she's a flawless model of a woman, but at home, she has surprisingly little concern for herself; in some ways, she's a bit of a wreck.
- Akira Inatori (稲取 晶 Inatori Akira)
- Voiced by: Suzune Asao
- Narumi Hikawa (氷川 成美 Hikawa Narumi)
- Voiced by: Hikari Hoshino
New Generation series
- Aya Kimishima (君島 亜弥 Kimishima Aya)
- Voiced by: Yūki Kondō
- A second-year middle school student who transferred from public school, she and Ai are identical twin sisters. With a bright and cheerful disposition, she has a little bit of a submissive streak. She has romantic and sexual feelings for her older sister Ai.
- It has been revealed that Aya was kidnapped at birth and was raised as Izumo Aya. She also met Ai years prior to the current timeline.
- Ai Kimishima (君島 藍 Kimishima Ai)
- Voiced by: Nao Tsubakino
- Aya's elder twin sister, and the class mascot. While typically meek and docile, she's actually very willful and childish, and won't budge once she's set her mind on something. She is so clingy that the rest of the class treats them like they're a couple.
- She was kidnapped by the same person that kidnapped Aya but was immediately turned over to her parents after she and Aya had finish playing in the park near the place Aya was raised.
- Hazuki Onohara (大野原 町葉月 Onohara Hazuki)
- Voiced by: Satoru Tanaka
- A clumsy transfer student who was admitted in the second term at the annex school. She makes no attempts to hide her humble roots. She's well-liked by everyone in school.
- Manami Suō (蘇枋 愛実 Suō Manami)
- Voiced by: Shiina Amane
- A sheltered teenage girl with an air of grace and refinement. Her true personality comes out through her internet idol persona "MANA" (マナ), where she's appears cruel and abusive; and is seen wearing a short black lingerie dress with matching gloves, silk stockings, red glasses, and her hair is propped up into a side ponytail.
- She uses the pronoun "boku" (僕) whenever she speaks to Hazuki as MANA, and "atashi" whenever she speaks as "the real Manami".oku
- Nagisa Misawa (三澤 渚 Misawa Nagisa)
- Voiced by: Ichika Mikazuki
- The star of the school's track and field team, who's always surrounded by fans. She and Rina have been best friends since they were little, and they can often be spotted together.
- Her hair color is originally blonde, but not wanting to stand out she decided to dye it brown.
- Rina Takahata (高幡 莉菜 Takahata Rina)
- Voiced by: Ayase Tomari
- A spoiled and pushy princess. But for some reason, everybody loves her. In class, she's treated like an actual princess. She has a particular fondness for Nagisa.
- Originally a brunette, but decided to dye her hair blonde so Nagisa wouldn't stand out.
- Kaori Hanemura (羽村 佳織 Hanemura Kaori)
- Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
- Kaori is a tsundere who can't be honest about her deep love for Amane. She lives next door to Amane and goes to Saint Michael's Girls Academy together. Very responsible and straightforward. She fulfills the tsukkomi role very well. However, when Amane's repeated loving advances breaks down her tsundere wall, she becomes very cute and doting. She's not that good at cooking, but at least it's better than Amane.
- Koharu Uozumi (魚住 小春 Uozumi Koharu)
- Voiced by: Misa Tokushima
- Koharu is the mascot character among the four friends. Soft-spoken and pure, she emits an iyashi-kei charm that captures Makoto's heart. She thinks she is too childish and hence, greatly admires Makoto since she is so much more mature than her. She is a wonderful cook (especially sweets) and very handy around the house, so she would make a great housewife.
- Makoto Tōdō (藤堂 真琴 Tōdō Makoto)
- Voiced by: Mami Uchida
- The most mature of the group, Makoto is normally very cool and reserved. However, she is a girl after all and is weak for cute things, like Koharu. Dreams about being with Koharu a lot.
- Yūki Amane (結城 あまね Amane Yūki)
- Voiced by: Yui Sakakibara
- Amane is basically the opposite of Kaori (her next-door neighbor). She's airheaded, very lively, glomps Kaori at every opportunity and generally lazy. She fails at studying and cooking, and would rather stay up playing games than anything else.
The first title in the series, A Kiss for the Petals was released on November 25, 2006. As of September 2015, fifteen games and two spinoff titles have been released. The fifteenth game in the main series, Remembering How We Met, which was initially released in Japan on Android and iOS, was licensed by MangaGamer and released in English for Microsoft Windows on September 25, 2015.
|1||"A Kiss for the Petals"|
"Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo" (その花びらにくちづけを)
|Yūna × Nanami|
|The first installment of the series, this particular game follows Nanami Oda, who is a new freshman in high school. However on the first day, she ends up in an accident in which a senior student from the school comes to her rescue. Ever since that meeting with Yuna Matsubara, Nanami just cannot get her mind off of her and later decides to join the student council. But one day...Nanami catches Yuna doing something very strange-(masturbating), while also calling out Nanami's name.|
|2||"My Dear Prince"|
"Watashi no Ouji-sama" (わたしの王子さま)
|Sara × Kaede|
|I am Kaede Kitajima, and I am not really good at dealing with people. I'm also the class rep. In school, I run into my cousin Sara, and suddenly I find myself sharing a passionate kiss with her! In the years that I haven't seen her, she's grown into a cute, outgoing girl who has become a famous model. Even fashion magazines know about her, and many in my school idolize her. She makes me look extra dull by comparison. And yet she calls me out from afar and clings to me, heedless of the stares people give us. Because I don't like to stand out, I instinctively act coldly towards Sara. But then she suddenly pushed me down. She whispers to me, "I want everything there is you." Such joy, such bliss and such embarrassment. What's to become of me?|
|3||"Joined in Love with You"|
"Anata to Koibito Tsunagi" (あなたと恋人つなぎ)
|Mai × Reo|
|My name is Mai Sawaguchi. I always get myself involved with my classmate, Reo Kawamura. Reo is pretty short and has silky hair... In short, she's cute. But sometimes, she can be really obstinate. I'm trying to do my best to get her to get along with the rest of the class, but since we're both headstrong we always end up fighting. It's so frustrating, especially since she can't do anything without me around! But whenever I talk to her, Reo always acts like I'm bothering her. I wonder if she hates me... But then, just when I got all depressed Reo came up to me and told me, "You've got it all wrong! I love you, Mai! I love you so much!" Her confession completely took me by surprise. Could it be that I'm in love with Reo too!?|
|4||"The Beloved Photograph"|
"Itoshisa no Fotogurafu" (愛しさのフォトグラフ)
|Sara × Kaede|
|A month has passed since the events of Hanabira 2. Kaede still hates to stand-out while Sara's break from work has ended. While Sara was wandering in school, she suddenly loses her balance but Kaede saved her in the nick of time, but the worst part is a member of the school paper took a snapshot. Kaede refused the school paper member permission to publish their photo, but Sara agreed to publish it in exchange of 10 copies of that picture. After the students of Mikajou saw the picture, Kaede's fans swarm again, leaving Sara in regret like the last time (in SonoHana 2). On one event Sara lied about her job and spied Kaede to confirm her faithfulness but Kaede knew about her plans all along. Confessing their love again, Kaede proposed to Sara and they go on a date before going home. At the end of the visual novel Kaede and Sara was seen wearing a wedding gown (in preparation of their wedding 10 years from the timeline).|
|5||"The Joy of Loving You"|
"Anata o Suki na Shiawase" (あなたを好きな幸せ)
|Mai × Reo|
|Reo fails her classes and Mai helps her to pass. To reward Reo for passing her quiz, Mai agrees to go on a date with Reo. One day during class, Reo is called to the school office. She returns acting strangely. After a lot of worrying and probing, Mai still does not know what has happened. This results in a huge fight between Reo and Mai, because Mai feels that Reo does not trust in her enough to share her problems... They eventually make up and ends in love.|
|6||"A Kiss Whispered to the Lips"|
"Kuchibiru to Kiss de Tsubuyaite" (唇とキスで呟いて)
|Yūna × Nanami|
|Nanami's love affair with one of the school's idols, Yuna, remains a secret. But they are having trouble concealing their true feelings from everyone!|
|7||"I Want Your Sweet Enchanting Kisses"|
"Amakute Hoshikute Torokeru Chū" (あまくてほしくてとろけるちゅう)
|Runa × Takako|
|This game introduces a new couple: Takako Suminoe, a young and still inexperienced teacher at the elementary department of St. Michael's Academy, and one of her students, the daring ojō-sama Runa Hōraisen.|
|8||"Dyed with an Angel's Petals"|
"Tenshi no Hanabira Zome" (天使の花びら染め)
|Eris × Shizuku|
|The eighth Sono Hanabira game, featuring the series' fifth couple. While class representative Shizuku Kirishima has foreign exchange student Eris Shitogi under her wing, a faintly glowing love settles into her heart. However, Shizuku, worried sick thinking her nagging personality landed her on her crush's bad side, actually gets a confession straight to her face from Eris?! Shizuku: "D-D-D-Don't misunderstand! I-I-I don't feel anything at all for you! (etc.)" This is the romantic comedy of Shizuku, the tsundere yamato nadeshiko, and Eris, the cool, blonde foreign exchange student who is not afraid to show her feelings, and their flirtatious, madly-in-love-with-each-other yuri relationship.|
|9||"Sweet Grown-up Kisses"|
"Amakute Otona no Torokeru Chū" (あまくておとなのとろけるちゅう)
|Runa × Takako|
|Takako Suminoe and Runa Hōraisen's first date.|
|Eris × Shizuku|
|A group of students created a fan club dedicated to Eris known as "Lily Platinum"—how can Shizuku cope up with this?|
|11||"Maidens of Michael"|
"Mikaeru no Otome-tachi" (ミカエルの乙女たち)
|Risa × Miya, Yūna × Nanami, Sara × Kaede, Mai × Reo, Eris × Shizuku, Runa × Takako|
|Today at Saint Michael's Academy, the class representative for the first-year "Snow" Class, Risa Azumi, had once again been fighting with the class troublemaker, Miya Ayase. Risa, who is earnest and hard-nosed, and Miya, who hates to cooperate with others, could not have been less right for each other, as they were always on the verge of tearing each other's throats out. As couples and spur-of-the-moment couples alike were flirtatiously carrying on, the whole school was abuzz with excitement over the "St. Michael's Best Couple" poll being conducted by the student volunteers. Risa, who was single, figured it did not concern her. So then how did she and Miya end up being chosen?! Resigning themselves, the two decided to go along with it, "just for appearance's sake", and it seemed they would have to stick it out through the coming holidays of Christmas and Valentine's Day along with four other couples as the committee members for various events. Will Risa be able to survive the lovers' holidays of Christmas and Valentine's with Miya?|
|12||"Lovers of the Atelier"|
"Atelier no Koibito-tachi" (アトリエの恋人たち)
|Risa × Miya|
|The dust has settled from the boisterous Best Couple's events, the graduation ceremony of the third-year students has passed without incident, and Risa has returned to her laid-back daily lifestyle. Although Miya continues to flaunt her chronic truancy in Risa's face, now that the two are passionate lovers, their days are full of joy. Today, once again, they find themselves passing the time in the attic of the old school building, in the secret atelier known only to them as has become their habit. The overly-serious Risa is feeling a slight twinge of guilt at their appropriation of this room. She asks Miya to tell her the story of how she discovered this place, but in this atelier hides a sweet, sweet romance that Risa could not begin to imagine...|
|13||"Snow White's Knight"|
"Shirayuki no Kishi" (白雪の騎士)
|Rikka x Sayuki, Risa × Miya, Yūna × Nanami, Sara × Kaede, Mai × Reo|
|The month is June – the time when all the middle school and high school students change into their summer uniforms. Azumi Risa, who has now moved on to her second year of high school, has been hearing around campus that the new freshmen are bubbling over with excitement over the Best Couples poll. Risa herself was selected as a Best Couple along with Ayase Miya due to her classmates' misconceptions, and although she rejected it at the time, the two of them now share a fully mutual love as they spend their passionate days together. And so, when a new freshman pair is selected, they're introduced to the second and third year couples. This year's freshman couple consists of Shirakawa Sayuki, a talented scholar and athlete who is being hailed as "The Perfect Lady," along with Shinozaki Rikka, a girl who set a national record in the 100 meter dash shortly after enrolling. However, when Risa went to greet these two girls, Rikka exclaimed "Risa-nee!" and wrapped her arms around her. The surrounding students let out a shrill scream and burst into an uproar at the sight of these two sharing a passionate embrace in front of their respective partners! With the campus rocked by this... scandal? What will become of Risa and Miya, not to mention Rikka and Sayuki?!|
|14||"My Sworn Love for You"|
"Anata ni Chikau Ai" (あなたに誓う愛)
|Eris × Shizuku|
|15||"Remembering How We Met"|
"Deatta Koro no Omoide ni" (出会った頃の思い出に)
|Risa × Miya|
|Risa and Miya reminisce on how they first met, and what they were like before they became a couple.|
|16||"The Day we First Met"|
"Hajimete Deatta Ano Hi Kara" (初めて出逢ったあの日から)
|Risa × Miya|
|The Windows version of Remembering How We Met with added H scenes.|
The Angels series is a spin-off involving select couplings of nurses of the corresponding St. Michael's General Hospital. These releases can be identified with a blue coloring.
|1||"The Angel's Longing"|
"Tenshi no Akogare" (天使のあこがれ)
|Chiaki x Ringo|
|Aihara Ringo, who is in her first year at the nursing school, has decided to room with Takao Chiaki, an old family friend from back home. Ringo idolizes Chiaki and has made it her life's goal to become a respectable nurse just like her. However… Once they actually start living together, Ringo comes to realize that Chiaki takes much worse care of herself than she imagined, and is at the same time a very physically affectionate person. Will the disparity between Chiaki the goddess and the Chiaki who delights in sexual harassment drive Ringo crazy!?|
|2||"The Angels' Spring Love"|
"Tenshi-tachi no Harukoi" (天使たちの春恋)
|Yūno x Satsuki|
|Yūno had just been admitted to nursing school and was filled with a desire to watch over her classmate and roommate, Satsuki. Satsuki was a brilliant girl who was admitted to nursing school with top marks; however, she wasn't very aware of her surroundings, and her ability to get by on her own was extremely poor... She was kind of eccentric. From that time on, Yūno spent her days feeling fulfilled in the role of an accomplished older girl taking care of an inept younger sister... "I feel like we've become more than friends. No, I'd go as far as to say I love you." How will Yūno react to Satsuki's sudden confession...?|
|3||"The Angels' Promise"|
"Tenshi-tachi no Yaksoku" (天使たちの約束)
|Narumi x Akira|
New Generation series
A series featuring students from the annex school. It can be identified by the color green in the subtitles.
|1||"The New Generation!"|
"Nyū Jene!" (にゅーじぇね！)
|Rina × Nagisa, Ai × Aya, Hazuki × Manami|
"Reboryūshon! Rinagisa" (れぼりゅーしょん！ りなぎさ)
|Rina x Nagisa|
|Kaori x Amane, Makoto x Koharu|
|Created to appeal to a more general audiences. This game takes place in a separate continuity from the main and Angels series and introduces four brand new characters.|
|Risa x Miya, Mai x Reo, Rikka x Sayuki|
A light novel series written by Shinichirō Sano and illustrated by Peko is being published by Luminocity. The first volume was released on August 19, 2007 and since then, there have been a total of fourteen volumes released.
|Christmas for the two of us (二人のクリスマス)||Nanami × Yūna|
|Vacation for the Two of Us (二人のバカンス)||Kaede × Sara|
|Summer for the Two of Us (二人の熱い夏)||Mai × Reo|
|Valentines for the Two of Us (二人のバレンタイン)||Nanami × Yūna|
|The Curtain Call Never Ends (カーテンコールは終わらない)||Kaede × Sara|
|One More Lovers Kiss (愛のキスをもういちど)||Mai × Reo|
|Extra Story (番外総集編)||Nanami × Yūna|
|Bewitching Kiss on the Southern Island!: (南の島であまとろちゅ!)||Takako × Runa|
|A Valentine Rhapsody (バレンタイン狂騒曲)||Eris × Shizuku|
|Tight Summer Squeeze! (夏をぎゅっとね!)||Mai × Reo|
|Couple's Goal Tape! (二人のゴールテープ!)||Takako × Runa|
|Wrapped In Your Warmth (ぬくもりに包まれて)||Eris × Shizuku|
|Extra Story 2 (番外総集編 2)||Kaede × Sara|
|Spring Splash (スプリング・スプラッシュ)||Risa × Miya|
An anime OVA titled Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi (その花びらにくちづけを: あなたと恋人つなぎ, lit. "A Kiss for the Petals: Becoming Your Lover") was produced by chuchu studios, directed by Masayuki Sakoi, and was released in Japan on July 30, 2010. Based on the third game, it follows Mai and Reo after they confess their love to one another. To coincide the release of the OVA, the third game was re-released with some improvements and typographical error correction.
- "Yuri Visual Novel 'A Kiss for the Petals' Graces Steam". Hardcore Gamer. September 25, 2015. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- "MangaGamer Announces Pre-Orders for A Kiss For The Petals: Remembering How We Met". Anime News Network. September 4, 2015. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "A Kiss for the Petals - Remembering How We Met on Steam". Valve Corporation. September 25, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "A Kiss For The Petals is Now Available On Steam". Silicon Era. September 25, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- その花びらにくちづけを ずっと幸せなキス (in Japanese). Fuguriya. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- その花びらにくちづけを 楓ちゃんスーパーモード (in Japanese). Fuguriya. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- その花びらにくちづけを ずっといっしょの夏 (in Japanese). Fuguriya. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- その花びらにくちづけを 夢のような日々 (in Japanese). Fuguriya. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- その花びらにくちづけを あなたと恋人つなぎ (in Japanese). Fuguriya. Retrieved January 7, 2010.