Sonora Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.52 sq mi (97.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.79 sq mi (92.7 km2)|
|• Water||1.73 sq mi (4.5 km2) 4.61%|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||482|
|• Density||13.8/sq mi (5.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||62318, 62341, 62354, 62358|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.52 square miles (97.2 km2), of which 35.79 square miles (92.7 km2) (or 95.39%) is land and 1.73 square miles (4.5 km2) (or 4.61%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Nauvoo (east edge)
- Powellton at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Sonora at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Nauvoo City, Nauvoo Two, Oak Grove, Pioneer Saints, Saints Peter and Paul, Sterns and Thornber.
Airports and landing strips
- Cedar Ridge Airport
- Sinele Strip
- Mormon Cemetery
- Oak Grove Cemetery
- Sterne Cemetery
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District 328
- Nauvoo-Colusa Community Unit School District 325
- Illinois's 18th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Sonora Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.