Sonpur railway division
Sonpur railway division is one of the five railway divisions under East Central Railway zone of Indian Railways. Sonpur division, established on 21 Oct. 1978 in North Eastern Railway zone, is spread over north side of holy river Ganges and West side of Gandak River. Garhara yard and Dinkar Gram Simaria station, part of Danapur division, have been merged in this division since 1 January 2005. The division routes over 495.361 km, all on BG. This division traverses through 8 districts of Bihar and therefore, is playing important role in growth & developments of these districts - Saran, Vaishali, Muzaffarpur, Samastipur, Begusarai, Khagaria, Bhagalpur and Katihar of North Bihar in social, economic, industrial and cultural field. The ECR zone came into existence on 8 September 1996 and its headquarter is located at Hajipur, Bihar in the state of Bihar of India.
Danapur railway division, Mughalsarai railway division, Dhanbad railway division, and Samastipur railway division are the other railway divisions under ECR Zone headquartered at Hajipur.   Sonpur railway division area starts from Goldinganj (GJH) in the west in Saran. The current Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) is Anil Kumar Gupta and the Additional Divisional Railway Manager (ADRM) is Pankaj Kumar Sinha.
List of railway stations and towns
|Category of station||No. of stations||Names of stations|
|A-1 Category||1||Muzaffarpur Junction|
|A Category||3||Hajipur Junction, Barauni Junction, Khagaria Junction,|
|B Category||5||Dalsingh Sarai, Begusarai Junction, Mansi Junction, Naugachia& Sonpur Junction|
|D Category||15||SPP, MSK, DGA, SMO, BCA, DOL, THB, MOG, DES, CRR, KUE, GRL, LAK, KRBP & MNO|
|E Category||41||BNR, LKN, NNR, PSR, DUBH, VPN, STLR, AYRN, UJP, TGA, NAZJ, SDG, SKJ, SLT, SIHO, KTRH, NYO, KHQ, KPGM, SAI, GJH, CSR, RD, GAI, KHI, STJT, NRPA, BKRH, TUR, BAGL, TIL, SAE, DPL, UMNR, CKRD, PMU, BUJ, ATNR, BTHL, BUDA & NNNL|
Stations closed for Passengers -
- "Zones and their Divisions in Indian Railways" (PDF). Indian Railways. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Sonpur Railway Division" (PDF). Railway Board. Western Railway zone. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Statement showing Category-wise No.of stations in IR based on Pass. earning of 2011" (PDF). Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "PASSENGER AMENITIES - CRITERIA= For Categorisation Of Stations" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Sonpur Division - Operating - OPERATING PERFORMANCE". Retrieved 15 January 2016.
|This Indian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|