Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety
|Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety|
|Directed by||Luv Ranjan|
|Written by||Rahul Mody|
|Story by||Luv Ranjan|
Yo Yo Honey Singh
|Cinematography||Sudhir K. Chaudhary|
|Edited by||Akiv Ali|
|Distributed by||AA Films|
|Box office||est. ₹148.51 crore|
Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety is a 2018 Indian Hindi comedy film directed by Luv Ranjan. Ranjan also produced the film with Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, and Ankur Garg. The film was co-produced by Luv Films and T-Series.This marks the fourth collaboration between Ranjan, the lead actors Kartik Aaryan and Nushrat Bharucha and third collaboration of Sunny Singh and Ishita Raj Sharma with the trio. The film released theatrically on 23 February 2018. The film received mixed reviews; while the commentators praised the humour, they were critical of the misogynistic plot. It emerged as a commercial success.
The movie begins with a crying Titu who is worried as his girlfriend Pihu refuses to talk to him. Sonu, his best friend, tells him that she is not meant for him justifying his argument by comparing Titu's caring nature with that of Pihu's possessive, disregarding one. Sonu gives an ultimatum to Titu to choose between Pihu and him and Titu chooses his best friend.
Six months after his breakup, Titu's family tells him that a family has shown interest in getting him married to their daughter Sweety. He agrees to meet Sweety. The two instantly hit it off. Sweety is extremely caring, sensitive and clever and is seemingly the 'ideal partner'. Sonu finds this very fishy, though he admits to Titu that she seems nice but he can't really say whether or not the two should marry just yet.
He later finds out that Sweety was in fact going to marry another man named Rahul but that did not work out as she became dominating, possessive, and once even got drunk and created a scene in Goa. He reveals this to the family, who question Sweety regarding the same and she tells her version of story in which she does not seem to be at fault. Titu tells Sonu that she had told him all of this in the first meeting itself and he did not want the family to know about all of this.
On the night of the engagement, Sonu begins warming up to the idea of Titu and Sweety's wedding. However, Sweety reveals that she in fact is a clever female and challenges him that she will throw him out of Titu's life and home very soon. Sonu confides in his grandfathers Ghasitaram and Lalu about the revelation. They bet between themselves to see if Sonu can save Titu from Sweety.
Titu is now engaged to Sweety and this brings a lot of compromises in Sonu's life who was earlier used to living a bachelor's life. Sweety changes their care-taker, she walks in on Sonu making out with a girl. She also manipulates the family members and Titu into buying and naming a house after her and Titu. She turns the house into a vegetarian household and threatens Ghasitaram of revealing his dirty lies to Dadi.
Sonu foresees Titu's imminent downfall and to protect him he plans a bachelor party for Titu at Amsterdam, where he arranges his ex-girlfriend Pihu to "accidentally" run into them after convincing her that Titu is still in love with her and he wants to help them get back together. They return to India along with Pihu and Sonu is happy to see a bothered Sweety after witnessing the growing closeness between Titu and Pihu. But Sweety reveals the truth to Pihu that it was in fact Sonu who broke Titu and Pihu up in the first place and that Sonu is using her. At this point Titu is visibly angry with Sonu.
He once again confides with Ghasitaram and Lalu and they volunteer to sort the situation but Sonu interjects saying his best friend should decide for himself. Sonu helps prepare for the wedding, dances in the Baraat but during the garland ceremony he makes a final attempt and gives Titu the ultimatum again: 'It's her lies or my truth, it's either her or me', and walks away from the wedding, crying. Sweety attempts to turn the tide but Titu, in a fit of epiphany, firmly announces that if it is between him or her, it will always be his best friend. The scene switches to Sweety standing in the mandap and coming to terms that her malicious tactics cannot always triumph.
After the narrow escape, Sonu, Titu, Ghasitaram and Lalu are seen sitting and drinking by the pool.
- Kartik Aaryan as Sonu Sharma (Titu's best friend)
- Sunny Singh as Titu Sharma (Sonu's best friend)
- Nushrat Bharucha as Sweety Sharma (Titu's fiancée)
- Alok Nath as Ghasitaram Sharma (Titu's grandfather)
- Virendra Saxena as Lalu Kaka (Younger brother of Titu's grandmother and Ghasitaram's best friend)
- Madhumalti Kapoor as Titu's grandmother
- Ishita Raj Sharma as Pihu (Titu's ex-girlfriend) (Special Appearance)
- Deepika Amin as Renu Sharma (Sweety's mother)
- Rajesh Jais as Sweety's father
- Ayesha Raza Mishra as Titu's mother
- Pawan Chopra as Titu's father
- Pritam Jaiswal as Babu
- Sonalli Sehgall as Special appearance
Luv Ranjan made the announcement about the film through his official Twitter account on 6 December 2016. The shooting for the film began on 12 December 2016 while the title of the film was officially announced by Kartik Aaryan, Nushrat Bharucha and Sunny Singh through a YouTube video on 16 June 2017. The official trailer of the film was launched on 20 December 2017.
|“||“In India, they say that marriage happens between two families. But in cities, friends have become the new family. So for a marriage to work, it is imperative that your friends like the new person in your life and vice versa. It is saas-bahu with a twist.”||”|
|— Luv Ranjan on the idea behind the movie Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.|
The shooting of the film has been done in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, Noida, Mumbai, Rishikesh and Georgia. The shooting of the film in Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh) has been done in Rajnagar Sector 5 at CA Rishi Kapoor's House. The shooting of this movie has also been done in Gurugram DLF CyberHub. Some of the scenes were shot in Noida at Mahagun Moderne and Mahagun Marvella 
|Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety|
|Soundtrack album by Rochak Kohli, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Amaal Mallik, Guru Randhawa, Zack Knight, Saurabh-Vaibhav and Rajat Nagpal|
|Released||14 February 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Rochak Kohli chronology|
|Yo Yo Honey Singh chronology|
|Amaal Mallik chronology|
|Zack Knight chronology|
|Guru Randhawa & Rajat Nagpal chronology|
|Singles from Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety|
The music of the film has been composed by Rochak Kohli, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Amaal Mallik, Guru Randhawa, Zack Knight, Saurabh-Vaibhav and Rajat Nagpal while lyrics have been penned by Kumaar, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Swapnil Tiwari, Zack Knight, Guru Randhawa, Singhsta and Oye Sheraa. The score is composed by Hitesh Sonik. The video of the first song, Dil Chori, which is a remake of the Hans Raj Hans's song "Dil Chori Sada Ho Gaya" was released on YouTube on 26 December 2017. This song marks the comeback of Yo Yo Honey Singh after two years of suffering from bipolar disorder. The second song titled as Subah Subah which is sung by Arijit Singh, Prakriti Kakar and Amaal Mallik was released on 3 January 2018. The third song to be released was Chhote Chhote Peg, which is a remake of the Hans Raj Hans's song Dil Tote Tote Ho Gaya from the movie Bichhoo, which is sung by Yo Yo Honey Singh, Neha Kakkar and Navraj Hans was released on 18 January 2018.
The fourth song, Bom Diggy Diggy, which is a party song, is a remake of the 2017 Punjabi-English song "Bom Diggy" by British-Pakistani singer Zack Knight and British-Indian singer Jasmin Walia, and the chorus samples a Bengali folk song. The song was released on 8 February 2018. The music album of the film was released by T-Series on 14 February 2018 on Valentines Day.
|1.||"Dil Chori"||Yo Yo Honey Singh, Singhsta, Oye Sheraa||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh, Simar kaur , Ishers||3:46|
|2.||"Subah Subah"||Kumaar||Amaal Mallik||Arijit Singh, Prakriti Kakar, Amaal Mallik||4:37|
|3.||"Chhote Chhote Peg"||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh, Neha Kakkar, Navraj Hans||3:24|
|4.||"Bom Diggy Diggy"||Zack Knight, Kumaar||Zack Knight||Zack Knight, Jasmin Walia||3:58|
|5.||"Kaun Nachdi"||Guru Randhawa||Guru Randhawa, Rajat Nagpal||Guru Randhawa, Neeti Mohan||3:03|
|6.||"Lakk Mera Hit"||Kumaar||Rochak Kohli||Sukriti Kakar, Mannat Noor, Rochak Kohli||3:54|
|7.||"Tera Yaar Hoon Main"||Kumaar||Rochak Kohli||Arijit Singh||4:24|
|8.||"Sweety Slowly Slowly"||Swapnil Tiwari||Saurabh-Vaibhav||Mika Singh||3:07|
Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety had a theatrical release on Feb 23, 2018.
Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety became one of the highest-grossing movie of 2018 in India, grossing ₹154 crore (US$21 million) at box office on a budget of ₹30 crore (US$4.2 million) It emerged as one of the highest-grossing Indian films of the year.
The film received mixed reviews from critics; while most commentators praised the humour, some of them were critical of the misogynistic plot. On review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval score of 60% based on 5 reviews, with an average rating of 5.2/10.
Rajeev Masand of CNN-News18 gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 and said that, "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety has a strange kind of earnestness in its juvenile ambitions. I was uncomfortable with its decidedly women-bashing stand, but I enjoyed the film’s silly, relentless humor." Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave the film 2 stars out of 5; she wrote that the film was "breezey enough", and provides some laughs, some of which escape involuntarily. She responded negatively to the film's misogyny: "Luv Ranjan's fourth feature is as simplistic and sexist as it has been right from his first." She was also critical of the performances of the central duo of Singh and Aaryan. Renuka Vyavahare of The Times of India gave the film a rating of 3.5 out of 5 saying that, "Despite its misogynistic nature, Ranjan’s lighthearted approach to counter gender stereotypes in modern relationships makes his take fascinating." Sweta Kausal of Hindustan Times gave the film a rating of 1 out of 5 and said that, "Nushrat Barucha, Karthik Aryan and Sunny Singh return in an unfunny tale with misogyny as its reigning feature." Sameeksha of News18 gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5 saying that, "the film is a great entertainer in the anti-women genre, but sadly for Ranjan, it is not a proper category yet and thus the film deserved to called a sexist, 'eye-roll' worthy ride which will leave you frustrated and angry by the end of it."
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety is unstoppable at the box office - Eastern Eye". Eastern Eye. 26 February 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (24 February 2018). "Box Office: Worldwide collections and day wise break up of Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety to clash with Aiyaary: Director Luv Ranjan says 'my film is safe'". Hindustan Times. 12 January 2018.
- "Official Trailer: Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety – Luv Ranjan". YouTube. 20 December 2017 – via T-Series.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety trailer: Get ready to ROFL with this bromance vs romance fare". The Indian Express. December 20, 2017.
- BookMyShow. "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Movie (2018) | Reviews, Cast & Release Date in - BookMyShow". BookMyShow. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Beauty movie review: Celebs love it, critics say Luv Ranjan again portrays women in a negative light". International Business Times. 23 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety box office: Kartik Aaryan and Nushrat Bharucha film crosses the Rs 50 crore mark". 3 March 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety is 2018's second highest grosser after Padmaavat, beats Akshay Kumar's PadMan". Hindustan Times. 12 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "Official Announcement – SKTKS" – via Twitter.
- "Luv Ranjan teams up with Bhushan Kumar for a romcom". The Times of India.
- "Luv Ranjan's new film launched" – via Twitter.
- "Title Announcement Video – Luv Ranjan – Kartik Aaryan, Nushrat Bharucha, Sunny Singh,Saurav Singh" – via YouTube.
- "'Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety' director Luv Ranjan: 'I make films on what happens after happy endings'". Scroll.in.
- "PRODUCTION: New Indian Film Shooting in Georgia". filmneweurope.com. Film New Europe. 3 August 2017.
- "Kartik, Nushrat, Sunny head to Rishikesh in new Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety song". sonuHindustan Times. 3 January 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- Yo Yo Honey Singh: DIL CHORI (Video). Retrieved 26 Dec 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Honey Singh back after two years with Dil Chori". Hindustan Times. 26 December 2017.
- "ZACK KNIGHT on Twitter: "The Bengali vocal is from a sample pack "voice of India" by Earth Moments"".
- "Box Office: Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety surpasses Pad Man; becomes second highest grosser of 2018". Bollywood Hungama. 12 Mar 2018. Retrieved 13 Mar 2018.
- "I don't fear being judged as a misogynist: Kartik Aryan on 'protecting best friend from a gold digger'". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 13 Mar 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- "Friends & lovers". Rajeev Masand.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety movie review: The Nushrat Bharucha and Kartik Aaryan starrer provides some laughs". 24 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety movie review: With all Pyaar Ka Punchnama faults and none of its jokes". Hindustan Times.
- "Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Movie Review: A Great Entertainer in 'Anti-Women' Genre With No Social Conscience". News18.