|Launched||17 January 2016|
ESPN Inc. (50%)|
Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt Ltd (50%)
|TV Lanka Digital TV||Channel 36 (HD)|
Channel 621 (SD)|
Channel 87 (HD)
Channel 486 (SD)|
Channel 485 (HD)
|Airtel digital tv||
Channel 296 (SD)|
Channel 297 (HD)
Channel 516 (SD)|
Channel 970 (HD)
Channel 425 (SD)|
Channel 931 (HD)
|Dish Home (Nepal)||
Channel 605 (SD)|
Channel 945 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||512 (SD)|
|Dialog TV||Channel 77 (SD)|
|Asianet Digital TV||
Channel 301 (SD)|
Channel 807 (HD)
|Siti Cable||Channel 481 (SD)|
|PEO TV||Channel 36 (SD)|
Sony ESPN is an Indian pay television sports channel which is a joint venture between ESPN, Inc. (owned by The Walt Disney Company) and Sony Pictures Networks. The channel targets the Indian subcontinent including India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Launched as Sony Kix on 8 April 2015 (the day when 2015 Indian Premier League began) by what is now Sony Pictures Networks, it was the second sports television channel launched by the company after Sony Six. The channel was rebranded as Sony ESPN on 17 January 2016. The partnership with ESPN was made official in October 2015. Sony and ESPN would partner together on website and app efforts, with ESPN providing and producing content such as cricket, football, tennis, NBA basketball, badminton, field hockey, golf, rugby union along with other events.
- "ESPN to make comeback on Indian TV; partners with MSM". Daily News and Analysis. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "MSM India and ESPN to create co-branded content Platforms in Indian subcontinent". Business Standard. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "MSM to launch new channels, website on sports". Live Mint. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Multi Screen Media to launch Sony Kix to air IPL season 8". The Economic Times. 1 April 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "MSM to launch new sports channel, Sony Kix". 2 April 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- IPL set to dish out feeds in Telugu, Tamil, Bengali too - Deccan Chronicle