Sony ILCE camera
In Sony digital cameras, the acronym ILCE stands for "Interchangeable Lens Camera with E-mount". In August 2013, Sony announced the first model of the ILCE mirrorless camera with E-mount, electronic viewfinder, contrast-detection autofocus and Multi Interface Shoe, the ILCE-3000. In October 2013, two full-frame E-mount cameras were announced, the ILCE-7 and ILCE-7R.
The "ILCE" designation replaces the "NEX" designation used for former E-mount cameras. As "ILCA", this naming convention will also be applied to future A-mount cameras, thereby replacing the former "DSLR" and "SLT" names.
List of ILCE cameras
With APS-C sensor
- Sony NEX-3 also the NEX-5 NEX-7 NEX-6 are the first Sony ILCE 2010-2013[better source needed]
- Sony Alpha ILCE-3000 (α3000), with the price less than $350, the camera can only autofocus using contrast detection; it has no phase detection autofocus, no SteadyShot stabilization and no vibration dust reduction, all of which DSLRs commonly have, but has Bulb mode for night photography. It is a DSLR-like body, so it is bigger than the other ILCE cameras.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-3500 (α3500)
- Sony Alpha ILCE-5000 (α5000), with technical specs that differ little from the α3000, with 20.1MP and Full HD video recording ability. The significant changes relative to the α3000 are an upgrade of the imaging processor from Bionz to Bionz X, as well as the inclusion of near field communication and Wi-Fi, which leads Sony to bill the α5000 as the “world’s lightest interchangeable lens camera” (8 ounces) with Wi-Fi connectivity. The MSRP price is about $600. The camera is actually the successor to the Sony NEX-3N and has a NEX-like body.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-5100 (α5100). Released after α6000, this is an updated version of the α5000 with a 24.3MP sensor and on-chip phase detection, the same as the α6000 but in a compact body like the Sony NEX-3/5 line. Sony claims that it is the world's smallest interchangeable-lens camera with an APS-C-size-sensor and a built-in flash, but no electronic viewfinder.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-6000 (α6000). The successor to the NEX-6 and NEX-7 cameras. Has an electronic viewfinder and a Multi-Interface hot shoe.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-6300 (α6300) – Successor to the earlier NEX-6.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-6500 (α6500) – Successor to the α6300; first Sony APS-C body to feature 5-axis in-body stabilization.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-QX1 (SmartShot QX1)
With full-frame sensor
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7 (α7) - 24 MP sensor, 1/250 sync speed, hybrid AF, electronic first curtain available.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7R (α7R) - 36 MP sensor, 1/160 sync speed.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7S (α7S) - 12 MP sensor, 1/250 sync speed, electronic first curtain as well as full electronic shutter (completely silent) available, ISO 409600, 4K video (with external recorder).
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7M2 (α7 II) - 24 MP sensor, built-in 5-axis image stabilizer, 1/250 sync speed, hybrid AF, electronic first curtain available.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7M3 (α7 III) - 24 MP back-illuminated sensor, built-in 5-axis image stabilizer, 1/250 sync speed, 693 phase-detect AF points, internal 4K video.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM2 (α7R II) - 42 MP sensor, built-in 5-axis image stabilizer, 399 phase-detect AF points, internal 4K video, ISO 102400, silent shutter mode, dual card slots (1 UHS-II, 1 UHS-I/Memory Stick Duo), 10 fps continuous shooting.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM3 (α7R III) - 42.4 MP back-illuminated sensor, built-in 5-axis image stabilizer, 399 phase-detect AF points, internal 4K video, ISO 102400, silent shutter mode, dual card slots (1 UHS-II, 1 UHS-I/Memory Stick Duo), 10 fps continuous shooting.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-7SM2 (α7S II) - 12 MP sensor, built-in 5-axis image stabilizer, 169 phase-detect AF points, internal 4K video, ISO 409600, and silent shutter mode.
- Sony Alpha ILCE-9 (α9) - 24 MP sensor, built-in 5-axis image stabilizer, 693 phase-detect AF points, internal 4K video, ISO 51200 (expandable to 204800), silent shutter mode, dual card slots (1 UHS-II, 1 UHS-I/Memory Stick Duo), 20 fps continuous shooting, 60 fps live view (in either single-shot or continuous mode)
- List of Sony E-mount cameras
- Sony E-mount system
- Sony Multi Interface Shoe
- Sony SLT camera
- Electronic viewfinder
- Sony ILCA camera
- "Easy to handle, easy to get more great pictures". presscentre.Sony.eu. Archived from the original on 2013-10-21.
- "Your α7 and α7R Questions Answered". blog.sony.com. Archived from the original on 2013-10-18.
- Sony E-mount
- "Sony Alpha 3000 review by David Kilpatrick". Retrieved December 22, 2013.
- "Sony A3000 Review Image Quality". Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- "Sony does a full blitz with wearable camcorders, small point-and-shoots, and compact DSLR cameras". January 7, 2014. Archived from the original on February 2, 2014.
- "Sony announces new and improved ILCE camera at CES 2014". January 7, 2014.
- Richard Sibley (August 18, 2014). "Sony unveils Alpha 5100 with 24.3-million-pixel sensor, touchscreen and Fast Hybrid AF system".
- "Sony A6000 officially announced! It's the world fastest autofocus camera!". February 12, 2014.