Sony Alpha 77
SLT-A77V + SAL-1650
|Type||Digital single-lens translucent camera|
|Lens||Interchangeable, Sony A-mount|
|Sensor||Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)|
|Maximum resolution||Approx. 24.3 megapixels|
|Flash||Built-in, Pop-up Auto,Auto, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Hi-speed sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable for Autoflash and fill-flash mode), Wireless, Off, ADI flash / Pre-flash TTL / Manual flash|
|Shutter speed range||1/8000 to 30 seconds, bulb|
|Exposure metering||Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering, Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Exposure modes||Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports action, Sunset, Night portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight, (A)Aperture Priority, (P)Program Mode, (S)Shutter Priority, (M)Manual mode|
|Focus areas||Wide (auto,19 points)/Zone/Spot/Local selectable|
|Focus modes||Predictive control(AF-A, AF-C), Focus Lock, Eye-start AF, Manual-Focus|
|Continuous shooting||24.3megapixel at 12fps|
|Viewfinder||TruFinder XGA OLED Electronic View Finder(2,359k dots)|
|Flash bracketing||0.3/0.5/0.7/2.0/3.0EV steps, 3/5 frames(2.0/3.0EV : only 3 frames) selectable|
|Custom WB||Auto,Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White, Daylight) , Flash, Setting the color temperature, Color Filter, Custom|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0” TFT Xtra Fine LCD (921,600 pixels) w/TruBlack technology|
|Storage||Memory Stick PRO Duo/Pro-HG Duo/PRO-HG HX Duo media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card|
|Optional battery packs||Sony SLT-A77 VG-C77AM Vertical battery grip|
Approx. 1 lb 7 oz (653g) (excl battery, lens & media)Approx. 1 lb 9.8 oz (732g) (w/battery & media)
Model variants of the Alpha 77 camera body:
- SLT-A77V with GPS.
- SLT-A77 without GPS (depending on country).
Depending on country/market, the Alpha 77 camera is also available in different kits:
- SLT-A77VQ (A77V+ 16-50mm lens).
- SLT-A77VK (A77V+ 18-55mm lens).
- SLT-A77VM (A77V+ 18-135mm lens).
Sony Alpha SLT-a77 uses A-mount lens bayonet.
- 24.3 megapixel Exmor APS-C HD CMOS sensor.
- Updated BIONZ Image Processor.
- 2nd generation Translucent Mirror Technology.
- Multi-frame Noise Reduction.
Autofocus and metering
- 19-point autofocus sensors with 11 cross type sensors.
- TTL phase-detection AF.
- Object tracking AF.
- AF Micro Adjust.
- 1200 Zone exposure metering.
- ISO 100 - 16,000 (25,600 with multi-image combination. Expands down to ISO 80, 64 and 50).
- Auto ISO with customizable lower and upper limits.
- 12fps burst mode at full 24.3 megapixel resolution.
- 1/8000 - 30sec (and Bulb) is the shutter speed range.
- Shutter rated for 150,000 actuations.
Ergonomics and functions
- TruFinder XGA OLED Electronic Viewfinder with 2359K dots resolution with full 100% frame coverage.
- TruBlack XtraFine LCD screen (3"/ 7,5 cm) with 921.6K dots resolution with pull-out three-hinge tilt/swivel functionality.
- Live View with full-time Phase Detection AF.
- Top panel LCD with illumination.
- Built-in dark red auto-focus illuminator.
- Dual anti-dust sensor cleaning system.
- SteadyShot INSIDE, in-body image stabilization system.
- D-Range Optimiser (5 levels and Auto).
- Stereo microphone and external mic socket.
- A magnesium alloy body with weather sealing.
- Built in GPS (SLT-A77V model only).
- UHS-I compatible.
- 3D Sweep Panorama.
- Full HD Movies in 1080i60, 1080p60, 1080p24, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080p25  and 1440 x 1080 @ 30fps, 640 x 424 @ 30fps most with a range of bitrate settings.
- AVCHD / MP4 recording formats.
- MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 video compressions.
- Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC audio recording formats.
On 5 February 2013, Sony released a new firmware V1.07, with the following enhancement:
- Added support for Sony Alpha Lenses (with automatic compensation compliancy): SAL100M28, SAL50M28, SAL85F28, SAL18200, SAL20F28, SAL28F28.
In the DxOMark Overall Sensor Score test, which is based on all characteristics of a camera sensor, the APS-C (23.5x15.6mm sensor size) Sony Alpha 77 scored 78 points, only one point less than the full-format (36x24mm sensor size) DSLRs Sony Alpha 900 and Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
Overall the reception for the Sony SLT-A77 since its release has been mixed to positive.
Digital Photography Review awarded the Sony SLT-A77 an overall score of 81% and a silver award, praising its innovative and detailed EVF viewfinder and its fast 12fps shooting mode but criticizing its JPEG quality and noise level especially at high ISO.
Photography Blog gave the Sony SLT-A77 a 5 out of 5 stars praising its innovative EVF display, the inclusion of full 1080p video, built-in GPS, 12fps burst mode, dual control dials, top-panel LCD, a 3-way rear screen and myriad of creative effects such as HDR, Dynamic Range Optimization, creative styles, picture effects and the innovative sweep panorama mode.
Sony Alpha 77 II
The Sony Alpha 77 II features a BIONZ X image processor similar to the Sony A7 series. It comes with Wi-Fi, NFC and also has 79 AF points with 15 crossing sensor, 12 fps burst speed up to 60 frames in full resolution, continuous AF video Full HD at 60p and 24p. One of the major features is the new sensor with less noise. GPS has been removed, as has the LED AF illuminator—the pop-up flash is now used for focus assist.
- "Sony SLT-A77 Camera Review". PhotographyTalk. Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- "Sony Electronics introduces the speedy new α77 II". Sony Electronics. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Manual, p218
- Snapsort specs
- Sony : SLT-A77V updates | Download updates for SLT A77V | SLTA77V
- Dxomark.com Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Sony SLT-A77 In-depth Review: Digital Photography Review
- Sony A77 Review | PhotographyBLOG
- Edgar Alvarez (May 1, 2014). "Sony bets on speed with the second edition of its Alpha A77 DSLR".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sony SLT-A77.|
|Minolta/Konica Minolta/Sony DSLR and SLT A-mount timeline|