Sony Xperia C4
|Manufacturer||Sony Mobile Communications|
|Slogan||Become a master of the selfie|
|Model||E5303, E5306, E5353 (Single SIM) |
E5333, E5343, E5363 (Dual SIM)
|Predecessor||Sony Xperia C3|
Sony Xperia T3
|Successor||Sony Xperia C5 Ultra|
|Dimensions||150.3 mm (5.92 in) H |
77.4 mm (3.05 in) W
7.9 mm (0.31 in) D
|Mass||147 g (5.2 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 5.0 Lollipop (launch)|
Android 6.0 Marshmallow (current)
|System on chip||Mediatek MT6752|
|CPU||1.7 GHz octa-core|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Removable storage||Up to 200 GB microSDXC|
|Battery||Li-ion 2600 mAh|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor|
|Display||5.5 in (140 mm) diagonal|
|Rear camera||13 MP with LED flash 1080p video recording @ 30 frames/s|
|Front camera||5 MP with LED flash 1080p video recording @ 30 frames/s|
USB 2.0 (Micro-B port, USB charging)
3.50 mm (0.138 in) headphone jack
The Sony Xperia C4 is mid-range Android smartphone developed and manufactured by Sony and it serves as the successor of the Xperia C3. The phone was unveiled on 6 May 2015, and it is marketed as the "Selfie Smartphone". Three months later, Sony unveiled its successor, the Xperia C5 Ultra.
The Sony Xperia C4 has a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 Mediatek MT6752 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded using microSD cards up to 256 GB. The phone has a 2600 mAh Li-Ion battery, 13 MP rear camera with LED flash and 5 MP front-facing camera with auto-focus. It is available in Black, White, Mint colors.
In May 2015, Strategy Analytics conducted an independent consumer test to evaluate the quality of the front camera of the device. After the test, the device was claimed to be the "World's best selfie smartphone" and the "Worlds best smartphone for selfies".
- "Xperia C4 gets another leak". Xperia Blog. 7 April 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Sony launches next generation selfie smartphone". 6 May 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Sony Mobile continues its innovation in imaging with the introduction of two best in class super mid-range smartphones". 3 August 2015. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "Sony announces Xperia C4 selfie phone with 5 mp front camera with flash". Xperia Blog. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Sony Xperia Specifications". GSMArena. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "YouTube community beta, #WowOfNow & Android Marshmallow for Xperia C4". Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Xperia C4 test results". May 2015. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Xperia M4 Aqua dual and Xperia C4 Dual heading to India". Xperia Blog. 26 May 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.