Sony Xperia E
|First released||March 2013|
|Predecessor||Sony Xperia miro|
Sony Xperia tipo
|Successor||Sony Xperia E1|
|Related||Sony Xperia J|
|Dimensions||113.5 x 61.8 x 11 mm|
|Operating system||Android 4.1.1 Jellybean|
Experimental version of Firefox OS
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A|
|CPU||1.008 GHz single-core|
|GPU||Adreno 200, 245MHz|
|Memory||512 MB RAM (409 MB available to user)|
|Storage||750 MB phone storage, 4 GB internal SD card (2 GB available to user)|
|Removable storage||microSD up to 32 GB|
|Battery||1500 mAh Li-ion (5.6 Wh)|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, up to 2 fingers|
GPS, Touch-screen keyboard, Microphone, Accelerometer, hardware keys
|Display||3.5 in (8.9 cm) 320×480 pixels, TFT, Scratch-resistant glass|
|Rear camera||3.15 MP|
|Sound||Built-in speaker, 3.5mm stereo audio jack|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR with A2DP|
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n
|Other||Wi-Fi hotspot, USB tethering|
|SAR||maximum 1.40 W/kg (ag)|
Xperia E is powered by a 1.008 GHz single core Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 (MSM7227A) processor. The phone has an internal storage of 750 MB, a built-in non-removable 4 GB SD card, (of which 2 GB is accessible by the user) and also supports a Micro SD memory card up to 32 GB. The phone has 512 MB of RAM, of which approximately 409 MB is available to the user. It also has an Adreno 200 GPU, clocked to 245 MHz.
Xperia E runs on Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, with the proprietary Timescape User Interface of Sony.
Xperia E has a 3.15 MP rear camera, that can capture still photos and videos. It does not have a front camera. It also has Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR with A2DP, Assisted GPS and Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n. It supports 3G HSDPA mobile data up to 7.2 Mbps, 2G EDGE up to 237 kbit/s, and 2G GPRS up to 68 kbit/s.
At the time of discontinuation, the price was $170 AUD for the single SIM variant.
- Alvarez, Edgar. "Sony begins exploring Firefox OS, dares Xperia E owners to experiment with new ROM". Engadget. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Sony Xperia E - Full phone specifications". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Sony Xperia E dual - Full phone specifications". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Xperia E : Xperia™ Smartphones : Smartphones : Sony India". Sony.co.in. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Nanhu_WP_Book.book" (PDF). sonymobile.com. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Sony Xperia E: SAR Information Pamphlet
- "Xperia E single : Handsets : Smartphones : Sony Australia". Retrieved 24 October 2014.