|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Kalaheo, Hawaii, United States
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Hawaii Teen USA 2004|
|Miss Teen USA 2004 (1st runner-up)|
Balmores won the Miss Hawaii Teen USA title on May 16, 2004 at the Waikiki Sheraton Resort, at the same time Jennifer Fairbank was crowned Miss Hawaii USA 2005. Balmores represented Hawaii in the Miss Teen USA 2004 pageant held in Palm Springs, California on August 6, 2004. She placed first runner-up in the nationally televised pageant, which was won by Shelley Hennig of Louisiana. This was Hawaii's highest placement in the pageant since Kelly Hu won in 1985.
In 2005, Balmores appeared on the covers of Women's Health, Outside and Foam magazines. She played the recurring role of Kai Kealoha in Beyond the Break on The N, a series previously given the tentative title Boarding School. She also played the main antagonist, Malina Birch, in the 2011 film Soul Surfer. In 2014, she guest starred on Hawaii Five-0 as tour bus robber Alana Duncunin the episode " Kanalu Hope Loa" or "The Last Break" in English. In 2017, Balmores was cast in the series Inhumans as Auran.
- "When You're Hot… Sonya Balmores is definitely hot after appearing on the covers of three magazines and being cast in a new TV show". Midweek. 2005-09-14.
- "Pageant title goes to HPU grad student". Hawaii Star-Bulletin. 2004-06-20. Retrieved 2007-02-18.
- "Isle teen second in national pageant". Hawaii Star-Bulletin. 2004-08-07. Retrieved 2007-02-18.
- Ryan, Tim (2005-10-14). "Dream set rolls in: Hawaii's newest TV series is a rare chance for many of the crew". Hawaii Star-Bulletin. Retrieved 2007-02-18.
- Petski, Denise (March 3, 2017). "'Marvel's Inhumans': Eme Ikwuakor, Isabelle Cornish, Mike Moh, More Round Out Cast". Deadline.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2017. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Curtis, Paul (2004-05-18). "Sonya Balmores sweeps to Miss Hawaii Teen USA title". Kauai Garden Island News. Retrieved 2007-02-18.