|Directed by||Rohit Shetty|
|Produced by||Hiroo Yash Johar|
|Screenplay by||Yunus Sajawal|
|Story by||Rohit Shetty|
|Dialogue by||Farhad Samji|
Lijo George – DJ Chetas
|Cinematography||Jomon T. John|
|Edited by||Bunty Nagi|
|Distributed by||Reliance Entertainment|
Sooryavanshi is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language action film directed by Rohit Shetty and produced by Reliance Entertainment, Rohit Shetty Picturez, Dharma Productions and Cape of Good Films. The screenplay is given by Yunus Sajawal based on an original story by Shetty. The film is the fourth installment of Shetty's Cop Universe and stars Akshay Kumar as Anti-Terrorism Squad chief DCP Veer Sooryavanshi opposite Katrina Kaif with supporting cast of Jackie Shroff, Gulshan Grover, Abhimanyu Singh, Niharica Raizada, Vivan Bhatena, Sikandar Kher, Nikitin Dheer and Javed Jaffrey. Ajay Devgn and Ranveer Singh in extended cameo appearances reprise their roles of Singham and Simmba from the franchise's previous films.
Kumar's character was announced towards the end of Simmba that served as a character introduction of Sooryavanshi. Initially locked for theatrical release on 24 March 2020, Sooryavanshi was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The film was scheduled for theatrical release on 30 April 2021. As of April 2021, the release date of film has been postponed indefinitely due to rise in COVID-19 cases and lockdown in Maharashtra.
DCP Veer Sooryavanshi, the chief of the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad and his team join forces with Inspector Sangram Bhalerao and DCP Bajirao Singham to stop a terrorist group planning to attack Mumbai.
- Akshay Kumar as DCP Veer Sooryavanshi
- Katrina Kaif as Aditi Sooryavanshi
- Ajay Devgn as DCP Bajirao Singham
- Ranveer Singh as Inspector Sangram "Simmba" Bhalerao
- Javed Jaffrey as Vikram
- Gulshan Grover as Usmani
- Abhimanyu Singh as Vinod Thapar
- Niharica Raizada as Tara
- Jackie Shroff as Lashkar Khan
- Sikander Kher
- Nikitin Dheer
- Vivan Bhatena
- Kumud Mishra
- Mrunal Jain
- Rajendra Gupta as Naem Khan
Sooryavanshi was announced in December 2018 through post-credit scenes of Simmba. The first look posters featuring Akshay Kumar were unveiled in March 2019; unlike earlier entries in the series, Sooryavanshi is not based on any existing work, but an original story.
Initially announced as a Eid 2020 release, the film was preponed to 27 March 2020. Later, in February, the makers decided to release it on 24 March. However, the COVID-19 pandemic in India caused it to be postponed. In June 2020, Reliance Entertainment confirmed that Sooryavanshi will finally hit cinemas on Diwali, that is 13 November 2020, but due to theatre guidelines owing to the continuity of pandemic, the film was again put on hold as stated by the makers. In October 2020, Reliance Entertainment Group CEO Shibasish Sarkar informed that they had postponed it to a later date, possibly between January and March 2021. In February 2021, sources confirmed that makers of Sooryavanshi have fixed 2 April 2021 as its new release date but that again failed to get materialized, because of night curfew or partial lockdown impose in Maharashtra announced by its government. After a delay of more than one year, it was declared on 14 March 2021 that the film will finally release theatrically on 30 April 2021. As of April 2021, the release date of film has been postponed indefinitely due to rise in COVID-19 cases and lockdown in Maharashtra.
- "CONFIRMED: Akshay Kumar starrer Sooryavanshi to release on April 30". Bollywood Hungama. 14 March 2021. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Akshay Kumar takes on terror in Rohit Shetty's cop universe, books Eid 2020". Hindustan Times. 5 March 2019.
- "Not Salman Khan but Akshay Kumar, Rohit Shetty to Rule the Roost Next Eid". News18 India. 5 March 2019.
- "Akshay Kumar to have a special cameo appearance in Rohit Shetty's 'Simmba' starring Ranveer Singh". The Times of India. 28 December 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "CONFIRMED Sooryavanshi won't release on April 2; makers to come up with a new date soon". Bollywood Hungama. 10 March 2021. Retrieved 10 March 2021.
- "SCOOP: As Maharashtra goes under lockdown, Sooryavanshi won't release on April 30". Bollywood Hungama. 5 April 2021. Retrieved 5 April 2021.
- PTI (6 April 2021). "'Sooryavanshi' release postponed indefinitely due to rise in COVID-19 cases". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- "Confirmed: Akshay Kumar will romance Katrina Kaif in Rohit Shetty's Sooryavanshi". India Today. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "CONFIRMED! Katrina Kaif to play Akshay Kumar's wife in Sooryavanshi; here's EVERYTHING you need to know about her role". Bollywood Hungama. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "Sooryavanshi Trailer Has Akshay Kumar Leading the Charge with Ajay Devgn, Ranveer Singh Behind Him". News18. 2 March 2020. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- Lohana, Avinash (13 May 2019). "ABHIMANYU SINGH PLAYS THE UNPREDICTABLE AND DEADLY VILLAIN IN AKSHAY KUMAR'S SOORYAVANSHI". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "रोहित शेट्टी की फिल्म में नजर आएंगी निहारिका रायजादा?". mumbailive.com (in Hindi). 11 May 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "On Anti Terrorism Day, Niharica Raizada Joins Anti-Terrorism Squad of Sooryavanshi". 21 May 2019.
- "Happy Birthday Jackie Shroff: Rohit Shetty announces actor as part of Akshay Kumar-Katrina Kaif's 'Sooryavanshi'". DNA India. 1 February 2020. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- Nayak, Pooja (17 June 2019). "Anupam Kher calls Sooryavanshi a 'life lesson' for his son Sikandar as he watches him shoot with Akshay- Rohit". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- "Chennai Express Actor Nikitin Dheer Joins The Cast Of Akshay Kumar's Sooryavanshi".
- "'Sooryavanshi' actor Vivan Bhatena introduces his new born daughter Nivaya in a special way – Times of India". The Times of India. 11 June 2019. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
- Irani, Shaheen (2 March 2020). "Sooryavanshi' trailer: Akshay Kumar packs a punch while Ranveer Singh and Ajay Devgn add entertainment quotient". DNA. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "Sooryavanshi first look posters: Akshay Kumar fights terrorism in this cop drama". The Indian Express. 5 March 2019.
- "Akshay Kumar's Sooryavanshi Is Not A Remake Of Tamil Film, Clarifies Director". NDTV.com. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
- "Akshay Kumar wraps up Rohit Shetty's 'Sooryavanshi'; shares a photo from the last day of shoot – Times of India". The Times of India. 30 November 2019. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Akshay Kumar wraps up Sooryavanshi shoot, shares pic with Rohit Shetty: 'It's gonna blow your mind, we hope'". Hindustan Times. 30 November 2019. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Akshay Kumar faces flak for Sooryavanshi release date change, asks fans to not promote negative trends". India Today. 15 June 2019. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Eid 2020 Clash Averted, Akshay Kumar's Sooryavanshi Won't Release with Salman Khan's Inshallah". News18. 13 June 2019. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Akshay Kumar's 'Sooryavanshi' POSTPONED Amid Coronavirus Scare". ABP Live. 12 March 2020. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- "Sooryavanshi release date postponed due to coronavirus: Will be back when the time is right". India Today. 12 March 2020. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- @taran_adarsh (30 June 2020). "BIGGG DEVELOPMENT... #Sooryavanshi and #83TheFilm to release in *theatres* first... Plans to release #Sooryavanshi in #Diwali and #83TheFilm in #Christmas *IN CINEMAS*" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Akshay Kumar's Sooryavanshi not releasing on Diwali despite theatres opening from Oct 15: report". Hindustan Times. 2 October 2020. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- Basu, Nilanjana (13 October 2020). "A Sooryavanshi Update: Here's When Akshay Kumar's Film Is Likely To Release". NDTV.com. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Akshay Kumar to recreate Tip Tip Barsa Paani for Sooryavanshi, calls it 'synonymous with me & my career'". Hindustan Times. 20 June 2019. Retrieved 5 August 2019.