Dìrísù was born in 1991 in Edgware, London, to Nigerian parents. He was educated at Bedford Modern School, where he excelled at drama, and joined the National Youth Theatre in 2006. He later studied Economics at the University of Birmingham.
In 2012, Dìrísù successfully auditioned for the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages Programme. His first stage role was as Pericles in Shakespeare’s Pericles, Prince of Tyre. After the Royal Shakespeare Company, Dìrísù returned to the National Youth Theatre where he trained in the REP company programme for eight months. He has subsequently acted in a number of television series including The Mill, Utopia, Humans, The Casual Vacancy, Siblings and Undercover.
|2016||The Huntsman: Winter's War||Tull|
|2017||Sand Castle||Sgt. Cole|
|2014||Utopia||Roy||Episode: "Episode 4"|
|2014||The Mill||Peter||6 episodes|
|2015||The Casual Vacancy||Young Doctor||3 episodes|
|2016||Black Mirror||Man in Prison||Episode: "Nosedive"|
|2016||Undercover||Michael Antwi||4 episodes|
|2016||Siblings||Zeff||Episode: "Golden Aunt"|
|2017||The Halcyon||Sonny Sullivan||8 episodes|
6 October - 3 December 2016, as Cassius Clay in One Night in Miami by Kemp Powers, at Donmar Warehouse in London, alongside David Ajala as Jim Brown, Arinzé Kene as Sam Cooke, Francois Battiste as Malcolm X.
- "The Mill". Channel 4.
- Thomas Hescott (16 February 2016). "My first audition: Sope Dirisu". The Stage.
- "Sope Dirisu".
- "The Thespian". Interview Magazine.
- "Show business success for OBMs". Bedford Modern.
- "OBMs Crowdfund for new film". Bedford Modern.
- "BBC One - The Casual Vacancy, Episode 1 - Credits". BBC.
- "My Favourite Things with actor Sope Dirisu". Western Morning News.
- "And the winners are... Find out who triumphed at the Ian Charleson Awards". The Sunday Times. 27 May 2018.