Rossi at Adult Entertainment Expo 2007
September 22, 1977 |
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
|Other names||Sophia, Darlene|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg)|
|No. of adult films||12 (per IAFD)
13 (per AFDb)
Life and career
Prior to her work as a performer in the adult industry, Rossi was a model for mainstream print ads, an aspiring actress, an erotica writer, and spent time as a professional Doula. One of her early jobs included an appearance dancing on stage at a Kid Rock concert. As a mainstream model Rossi had been featured in ad campaigns for companies such as Jack Daniel's, Southern Comfort, ESPN, Canon Computers, Harley Davidson. and Dillard’s department stores. A friend, porn super star Jenna Jameson, helped Rossi get her start in the industry. In March 2005, she signed an exclusive contract with Jameson's Club Jenna adult film production and promotions company which is owned by Playboy Enterprises (PEI).
She appeared in the October 2005 edition of Penthouse in an eight-page pictorial titled "Triple Threat" and was the "Hustler Honey" and the subject of a twelve-page pictorial and centerfold titled "Shooting Star" with photos by Laurent Sky in the December 2005 edition of Hustler. One of Rossi's early adult film appearances was The Provocateur which was the directorial debut of Jenna Jameson and featured all five of Club Jenna's contract performers, including Jesse Capelli, McKenzie Lee, Ashton Moore, and Krystal Steal.
In May 2007, she was released by Club Jenna after only five movies had been released. This was due to contract negotiations and Rossi's concern that not enough videos featuring her work were being released. Rossi later returned to Club Jenna which began to release titles featuring her once again.
In June 2007 she began performing webcam shows. She is also one of several contract performers to have a line of products produced by sex toy manufacturer Doc Johnson. In addition to Club Jenna, Rossi has also worked for the production studio Vivid Entertainment.
Writing and talk show work
Starting in 2006, Rossi began writing a monthly advice column titled "Sophia's Secrets" for DVD Buzz magazine. She has also hosted a weekly radio show dispensing advice and talking about her experiences in the adult industry at a station in Arizona, 98 KUPD.
Rossi appeared in the 2006 mainstream comedy film Bachelor Party Vegas. In 2007 she appeared in an episode of the Penn and Teller comedy series Penn & Teller: Bullshit! titled Breast Hysteria as herself. Her credits also include a recurring role in television medical drama series Chicago Hope and a Ruffles commercial.
Rossi was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and is of Italian, Irish, and Native American descent. In an interview she stated that when she was 16, she playfully suggested to her late mother that she would try doing explicit movies some day. "I’ve always been a really sensual woman. I dress pretty risqué all the time" and "I use my body as a form of language, as a way to express myself."
In 2006, it was reported that the Secret Service detail of former president Bill Clinton, who was golfing nearby, had interrupted a fireworks display of Rossi's then-five year old daughter Savanna.
- 2006 - KSEX Listeners' Choice award, Best Porn Star tits
- 2007 - F.A.M.E. Awards, finalist for Favorite Breasts and Favorite Female Rookie
- Sophia Syndrome (2006, ClubJenna)
- Jenna's Provocateur (2006, ClubJenna)
- Sophia Revealed (2007, ClubJenna)
- Rossi's Revenge (2007, ClubJenna)
- Sophia's Private lies, Volume 1 (2008, ClubJenna)
- Sophia Royale (2008, ClubJenna)
- Sophia Rossi at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Sophia Rossi at the Adult Film Database
- Gallen, Gretchen. "Sophia Rossi Makes Penthouse, Hustler at Same Time". XBIZ.com. XBIZ. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Stanton, Thomas J. "Sophia Rossi Pens Column for DVD Buzz". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Club Jenna Signs Sophia Rossi". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Wade Garrett (2005-09-19). "Rossi Turns Double Play". AVN. Archived from the original on 2007-10-04. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- "Jameson to Direct First Film". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- David Sullivan (2007-05-02). "Four Starlets Exit Club Jenna". AVN. Archived from the original on 2007-06-03. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- Sullivan, David. "Club Jenna Presents 'Sophia Illustrated' Sophia Rossi busts out in hot new XXX release". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Bourne, Justin. "Sophia Rossi to Perform First Live-Cam Show Rossi on Thursday will host her first hour-long live-cam show at her website". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Hayes, Michael. "Doc Johnson Unveils Club Jenna Pussy/Ass Mold Line". XBIZ.com. XBIZ. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Sophia Rossi biography". Freeones.com. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- "Bachelor Party Vegas (2006 Video) Full Cast & Crew". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!: Season 5, Episode 3 Breast Hysteria (5 Apr. 2007) TV Episode - 30 min - Comedy, Documentary". IMDb.com. Amazon. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Norm Clarke (2006-04-26). "Clinton nearly sees rocket's red glare". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- Preston, Bob. "KSEX Crowns Listeners' Choice Winners". XBIZ.com. XBIZ. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Sullivan, David. "2007 F.A.M.E. Awards Finalists Announced". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophia Rossi.|