Jem and the Holograms
Sophie Campbell (formerly Ross Campbell) is a comic writer and artist known for her indie comics such as Wet Moon and Shadoweyes, and for her art on the Jem and the Holograms comics. She primarily writes and draws characters who are adolescent or young adult women, including various races, body types, sexual orientations, and abilities.
She has also done art for comics publishers. In 2008, she drew the story "The Hollows" for the first issue of the DC/Vertigo comic House of Mystery written by Bill Willingham. Beginning in 2012 she drew a run of Image Comics' Glory series written by Joe Keatinge. She drew issues of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for IDW, and in March 2015 she became the artist for their new Jem and the Holograms series written by Kelly Thompson.
Meanwhile she has done podcasts. From June 2009 to March 2013, then known as Ross Campbell, she was co-host on AudioShocker's "A Podcast with Ross and Nick", followed by "Everything Blows with Ross and Nick".
Campbell was named Ross at birth, and began her career under that name. She is a transgender woman, and in March 2015 she publicly changed her name to Sophie, explaining via Twitter that she had been transitioning for the previous year.
Comics work includes:
- Too Much Hopeless Savages! (Oni Press, 2003)
- Spooked (with Antony Johnston, graphic novel, Oni Press, 168 pages, February 2004, ISBN 1-929998-79-1)
- Wet Moon (graphic novels, Oni Press, from 2005)
- The Abandoned (graphic novel, Tokyopop, 2006)
- Raphael: Bad Moon Rising (covers only, Mirage Publishing, 2007)
- House of Mystery #1: "The Hollows" (with Bill Willingham, Short story, Vertigo, 2008)
- Water Baby (graphic novel, Minx, 2008)
- Hack/Slash (contributing artist, Image Comics, 2008–2009)
- Resurrection V2 (back-up story, Oni Press, 2010)
- Milestone Forever (pin-up, DC Comics, 2010)
- Shadoweyes (graphic novel, Slave Labor Graphics, 2010)
- Shadoweyes in Love (graphic novel, Slave Labor Graphics, 2011)
- Fraggle Rock v2 #2 (with Tim Beedle, comic book, Archaia Studios Press, 2011)
- Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (pin-up, Mirage Publishing, 2006)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series: Leonardo (artist, IDW, 2012)
- Glory (artist, #23-34, Image Comics, 2012)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Villains Micro-Series: Alopex (artist, IDW, 2013)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (artist, #29-32, IDW, 2013–2014)
- Jem and the Holograms (artist; #1-6, 11-16; IDW; 2015)
- Sophie Campbell [@mooncalfe1] (6 March 2015). "deep breath okay here goes. time to stop hiding, now's the time. i'm transgender and have been transitioning for the past year" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Ross Campbell Talks The Abandoned Archived 2008-12-04 at the Wayback Machine., Newsarama, November 9, 2005
- Everything Blows with Ross and Nick
- "Jem And The Wikipedia Entry". Bleeding Cool. 2015-03-08. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)