8 February 1982
|Other names||Sophiya, Sophie, born as Sophia Choudry|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, songwriter, vj, television presenter|
Sophia Choudry (born 8 February 1982) is a British singer, host and actress based in India. She has been active primarily in Hindi language films and is also a former MTV India VJ and occasional model, and television presenter.
Sophie Choudry was born and brought up in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. Her father was a major fan of Sophia Loren and hence her birthname is "Sophia", however she now goes by the name "Sophie". She has one elder brother.
Choudry studied at London School of Economics, graduating in European politics and French and is also a gold medalist from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Furthermore, she studied for nearly two years at the "Sciences Po" in Paris, France. BollySpice reports, that while still studying, Choudry became a VJ for Zee UK.
She took a few classes in Indian classical dance as Bharatnatyam, which she learnt in London for four years as well as Western dances like salsa. She is also well trained in Western classical music, which she learnt for three years in the UK from Helena Shenel, as well as in Indian classical music, which she learnt from Pandit Ashkaran Sharma.
She began her career on Zee Tv UK in the late 1990s presenting Zee Top 10, a chart show also based in the UK/ Europe which became the number 1 show on the channel for several years before she launched her own career in Music.
Choudry began her singing career. When she was 12 years old, her talent was discovered by noted music director Biddu, who launched her musical career. She, at first, lent her voice as a backup singer to playback singers like Shweta Shetty and Alisha Chinai.
In 2000, Choudry started her career as a pop singer with her all-female band "Sansara" with a song which Choudry herself wrote ("Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai"). After their second hit “Habibi” the band separated and Choudry started her solo singing career, donning the videos "Habibi" and "Le Le Mera Dil" in 2002. Her latest single 'Aaj Naiyo Sauna'
Choudry then moved to Mumbai in 2003, becoming a VJ for MTV India and hosting the popular show MTV Loveline, which eventually gained her popularity. Less than one year on, Sophie returned with her newest offering, “Baby Love”. According to Choudry, she listened to over 400 songs to come up with her perfect 12. Songs on this album include "Ek Pardesi Mera Dil Le Gaya", "Jadugar Saiyaan", "Zuby Zuby", "Dil Ke Armaan", "Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi", and "Bachke Rehna Re Baba".
In December 2009, Choudry launched her album Sound of Sophie, which had no remixes, but only original numbers. The launch of this album marked her association with the Indian fashion brand MADAME, who hired her as their first brand ambassador. She worked with well-known music composers such as Rishi Rich, Bappi Lahiri, Biddu and Gaurav Das Gupta in the album. Choudry has also participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Season 7.
After the huge success of her babylove album, Sophie was launched by David Dhawan and Vadhu Bhagnani in “shaadi no1” costarring Sanjay dutt, Fardeen Khan and Zayed khan. Her next release was the new age “Pyar ke side effects” with Mallika Sherawat and rahul Bose which went on to become a runaway hit! Her role as “baby girl volume 3 “ was loved by all. She soon signed speed with Vikram Bhatt, alibaug with Sanjay Gupta and daddy cool with Inder kumar. But it was her song “aala re aala” in shootout at Wadala with John Abraham that went on to become a big hit. Followed by her special role in once upon a time in mumbai doobara with Akshay kumar. She was last seen on the big screen with mahesh babu in Sukumar’s “1 nenokkadine.”
In December 2017 she launched a wellness company called Lifetox with her partners. They developed a fitness ayurvedic tea called Fittox and more products including Lifetox vitamins since then.
- All films are in Hindi unless otherwise noted.
|2005||Shaadi No. 1||Dimple Kothari|
|Pyaar Ke Side Effects||Tanya|
|I See You||Dilnaaz Bagga|
|2007||Heyy Babyy||Herself||Special appearance|
|2008||Money Hai Toh Honey Hai||Herself||Special appearance|
|2009||Aa Dekhen Zara||Bindiya Avasti|
|2011||Vedi||Herself||Tamil film; special appearance|
|2013||Shootout at Wadala||Herself||Special appearance in the song|
|Once Upon ay Time in Mumbai Dobaara!||Mrs. Dixit|
|2014||1: Nenokkadine||Telugu film; special appearance in the song "London Babu"|
- 2014 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7 as contestant - Eliminated 12 week - 31 August 2014
- 2014 Bigg Boss 8 as guest
- "Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai" (2000) as part of Sansara
- "Habibi" (2000)
- "Le Le Mera Dil" (2002)
- "Sophie & Dr. Love" (2003)
- "Baby Love - Sophie" (2004)
- "Aap Jaisa Koi" in Sweet Honey Mix (2004)
- "Sound of Sophie" (2009)
- "Hungama Ho Gaya" (2012) digital single
- "Hungama Ho Gaya" (2013) compilation album
- "Do You Know Baby" (2015)
- "Aaj Naiyo Sauna" (2019) with Manj Musik
- 2001: UK Asian Pop Award for Best Female Newcomer
- 2004: Lycra MTV Style Award for Most Stylish Female in Music
- 2005: Bollywood Music Award for Best Female Pop Artist
- "Yuvraj Singh, Neha Dhupia, Ekta Kapoor at Sophie Choudry's birthday party". Indian Express. 9 February 2014.
Bollywood beauty Sophie Choudry celebrated her 32nd birthday with her B-town friends in Mumbai's popular Olive Bar on Saturday (February 8).
- "VJ Sophie: Profile". MTV INDIA. Archived from the original on 16 February 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "Beach vacation pictures of Sophie Choudry will make you pack your bags!".
- "'I'm single and loving it'". Rediff. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Sophia with love..." The Hindu. Chennai, India. 16 December 2004. Archived from the original on 9 May 2005. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Sophie Chaudhary excited about Aa Dekhen Zara". bollyspice.com. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
- ""Shaadi No. 1 is something I will never regret!" – Sophie Choudry". bollyspice.com. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Sophia with love..." The Hindu. Chennai, India. 16 December 2004. Archived from the original on 9 May 2005. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
- "The versatile veejay". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 9 December 2002. Archived from the original on 2 March 2004. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
- "Interviews – Sophie Chaudhary". Mahiram.com. Retrieved 22 December 2010.
- Sapna Choudhary (5 February 2019), Aaj Naiyo Sauna - Sophie Choudry| Aaj Naiyo Sona - Sophie Choudhary New, retrieved 17 February 2019
- "I'm India's Goldie Hawn: Sophie Choudhry". buzz18.in.com. Archived from the original on 1 February 2009. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Sophie at Madame store". Times of India. 9 October 2010. Retrieved 22 December 2010.
- "'Mumbai has given me so much'". Rediff. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Sophie Chaudhary in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 7 | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Harry Anand - Sweet Honey Mix". Discogs. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi Mein Aaye [Full Song] Sweet Honey Mix". YouTube. T-Series. Archived from the original on 8 February 2019. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "सोफी चौधरी का नया सॉन्ग..आज नइयो सोना..चुराएंगी सभी की नींदें..! - Janman TV". DailyHunt. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Omar Explores Sophia Choudry". desiclub.com. Archived from the original on 9 July 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
- "Sophie Chaudhary". ganaga.com. Archived from the original on 23 October 2008. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
- "The Lycra MTV Style Awards – Winners". MTV India. Archived from the original on 6 March 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Choudry.|