|Representing Great Britain|
|World Rowing Championships|
Sophie Hannah Marguerite Hosking MBE (born 25 January 1986) is a retired British rower. A fixture in British lightweight sculling since 2007, Hosking won a surprise gold medal for Great Britain in the 2012 Olympics lightweight double sculls, along with Kat Copeland. Hosking and Copeland's success was the second of six gold medals won by Great Britain on the middle Saturday of the 2012 Games, on what became known in the United Kingdom as Super Saturday.
Following her retirement from competitive rowing, Hosking embarked on her new career, training as a solicitor.
- "Olympics rowing: Sophie Hosking & Katherine Copeland win gold". BBC Sport. 4 August 2012.
- Hosking, Sophie. "Team GB Rowing Biographies". Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Sophie Hosking through to lightweight double sculls final (From Wandsworth Guardian)
- The London Gazette: . 29 December 2012.
- "London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games Honours" (PDF). Cabinet Office.
|This biographical article relating to British rowing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|