Lowe at the Sydney premiere for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 2012
5 June 1990 |
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, UK
Sophie Lowe (born 5 June 1990) is an English-born Australian film and television actress.
Lowe was born in Sheffield, Yorkshire, and moved to Australia with her family in 2000. In her early teens, she signed to Chadwick Models but quit modelling in favour of dancing. Lowe attended the McDonald College of Performing Arts in Sydney, where she took up acting.
Lowe's first roles were the short films, Kindle, where she was cast in the lead role as Hayley; Mirage, which screened at the Montreal World Film Festival and He. She. It., as well as a number of television advertisements before she graduated from College in 2008.
Lowe's first substantial role was as the lead, Kate, in Beautiful Kate, which was released in 2009. For her role in Beautiful Kate, she was nominated for an AFI Award for 'Best Lead Actress'. Her other credits include Natalie in the thriller Blame, which were released in 2010. Blame was screened and received accolades at Cannes Film Festival, Melbourne International Film Festival, the 35th Toronto International Film Festival, the 47th Chicago International Film Festival and Buenos Aires International Film Festival of Independent Cinema.
In 2013, Lowe's and fellow McDonald College alumnus Rhys Wakefield's short film A Man Walks into a Bar..., which the two co-wrote, co-directed, and in which they both starred, was a finalist at Sydney's Tropfest short film festival.
|TV Series / Film|
|2005||Backyard Science||Young Scientist||TV series|||
|2008||He. She. It.||Cassie||Short film|||
|The Mirage||Deb||Short film|||
|2009||Beautiful Kate||Kate Kendall||Feature film|||
|All Saints||Chloe||TV series|||
|2010||The Clinic||Allison||Feature film|||
|Satisfaction||Kate||TV series - 2 episodes|||
|Road Train||Nina||Feature film|||
|The Slap||Connie||TV series - 8 episodes|||
|One of Us||Rose||Feature film|||
|2013||Autumn Blood||The Girl||Feature film|||
|After the Dark||Petra||Feature film|||
|Two Mothers||Hannah||Feature film|||
|A Man Walks Into A Bar...||Woman||Short film|
|2013–present||Once Upon a Time in Wonderland||Alice||TV series|
- The Age website
- "The McDonald College Alumni". The McDonald College. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "The Mirage". The World Film Festival. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Blame it on raw talent". The Age. 19 June 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Blame". SBS. Retrieved 22 June 2011.
- Blame at the Internet Movie Database
- Milfull, Tim (June 2011). "Blame". Rave Magazine. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- Bannister, Brooke (9 June 2011). "Perth Hills is the setting for new Australian film 'Blame'". 720 ABC Perth. ABC Local Radio. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- "Perth film Blame premieres following strong international and national response". Ausfilm. 8 June 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- [dead link]
- Ross, Dalton (2013-05-14). "'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' trailer | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- Sophie Lowe at the Internet Movie Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Lowe.|