Milman in July 2010
Ufa, RSFSR, USSR (Russia)
|Genres||Jazz, pop standards|
After emigrating from Russia in the early 1990s, Milman, who is Jewish, She spent most of her childhood years in Israel where she listened extensively to jazz. Her self-titled debut album was released on October 12, 2004, in Canada by Linus Entertainment and in 2006 in the United States by Koch. Milman graduated from the University of Toronto in 2011 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Milman is married to lawyer, professor, and musician Casey Chisick. He was executive producer on her albums Make Someone Happy (2007) and Take Love Easy (Sophie Milman album)|Take Love Easy (2009), as well as her concert DVD Live in Montreal (2008).
- 2006: Sophie Milman (Linus)
- 2007: Make Someone Happy (Linus)
- 2009: Take Love Easy (Linus)
- 2011: In the Moonlight (eOne)
- 2013: Live at the Winter Garden Theatre
- Serge, Joseph (2011-11-10). "Singer Sophie Milman reflects on her immigrant roots". The Jewish Canadian News. Archived from the original on 2012-04-26.
- "Jazz Singer Sophie Milman Makes Homecoming to Israel". Canada Newswire. 2011-06-16. Archived from the original on 2013-10-29.
- Swift, Glenn R. (March 2008). "Sophie Milman: So Much Accomplished… So Much More to Come" (PDF). glennswift.com.
I'm Jewish, and growing up in Russia I never felt at home.
- Loudon, Christopher (1 December 2007). "Sophie Milman: Beauty and the Geek". JazzTimes. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
We we probably the only Jewish family in Israel blaring gospel music.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-10. Retrieved 2014-05-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Gray, Jeff (20 April 2010). "Changing Canada's tune on copyright law". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Cassels Brock : Casey Chisick". www.casselsbrock.com. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- Casey Chisick Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine at Osgoode Hall Law School
- "Air Wick Winter Collection TV Commercial Music". Retrieved 2011-01-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Milman.|