This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||15 January 1990|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Agency||Storm Models, LA Models, New York Model Management|
Sophie Sumner (born 15 January 1990) is an English fashion model. Her modelling career became notable after she was runner-up of Britain's Next Top Model, Cycle 5 and later won America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18.
Sumner was born and raised in Oxford. She attended school at Cherwell School, The Manor Preparatory, and Headington School, a private boarding school for girls, where she met and befriended actress Emma Watson. Sumner had plans to complete a degree at Exeter University, but decided to defer it to focus on modelling after successfully auditioning for Britain's Next Top Model.
Britain's Next Top Model
Sumner was a part of the cast of Britain's Next Top Model, Cycle 5, and was the 10th girl chosen to enter the top model house.
America's Next Top Model
Sumner was chosen as one of the 7 British All-Stars to compete in America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18, along with her fellow Cycle 5 contestants, Annaliese and Ashley. The judges said of her personality that it "lit up a room", leading to her being labelled "Illuminata" by Tyra Banks herself.
Sumner became the first foreign winner of the show.
After Top Model
Sumner released a single entitled "Aiming For You" on iTunes and her photos for Vogue Italia are featured in the August 2012 issue. She has made billboard advertisements for CoverGirl and for the America's Next Top Model perfume, Dream Come True. She is active in raising funds for Breast Cancer Research with the help of her pink dog, Darcy.
In 2012, Sumner appeared as Deepika Padukone's friend in the Bollywood film Cocktail, including dancing sequences. Sumner, along with co-stars Allison Harvard and Dominique Reighard, was featured and walked in the 25th anniversary of Bench Universe Denim and Underwear Show in September 2012. In December of the same year, she was a covergirl for MEG Magazine for their frosty December 2012/January 2013 issue. She also attended a fashion show in Montego Bay for Cycle 19 with the contestants.
In 2013, Sumner opened the runway and wore the designs of Singaporean designer Frederick Lee during the finale of Asia's Next Top Model, Cycle 1. In 2015, Sumner starred as "Summer" in the reality TV show Taking New York on E4. In October 2016, Sumner was guest judge in the coronation night of Miss Earth 2016, in the Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Airs, Thom (12 May 2009). "Sophie vies to be top TV model". Oxford Mail.
- "Sophie dreams of catwalk stardom". Thisisoxfordshire. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Model Sophie Sumner's Ambition". Americanprofile.com. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Sitting pretty, former Oxford schoolgirl with the world at her feet". The Oxford Times. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "PinkDarcyDog - Cancer Research UK Giving Pages". Myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Bench Universe - 2012 Denim and Underwear Show". Mixofeverything.net. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- Chelz, Agent (16 September 2012). "The One That Got Away In Paris: Bench Universe 2012 - Sophie Sumner & Allison Harvard". Melodramaticparis.blogpsot.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "iammeg.ph". Iammeg.ph. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "Star World - normannorman.com". Normannorman.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- Molly Friedman (29 May 2012). "ANTM Cycle 18 Winner Sophie Sumner: "I Was 100% Convinced It Was Laura" - Exclusive - America's Next Top Model". Wetpaint.com. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
| America's Next Top Model winner
Cycle 18 (2012)